The Official #21 Tennessee vs. #17 Iowa Citrus Bowl Game Thread, 1:00 PM ET, ABC

If you just compare talent and experience by position group here is how I see it:

QB- Deacon Hill has more experience but played poorly on the whole. Nico more talent but very little experience. PUSH (Sorry ALL TENN)

RB- Iowa has 3 experienced backs and UT is down their top 2. IOWA (ALL TENN)

WR- Besides former top 100 recruit Kaleb Brown, the hawks lack here obviously. Even in a down year for your standards you guys have a big advantage here. (ALL TENN)

TE- Even with two NFL players out due to injury this isn’t close. IOWA ????

OL- Iowa has been very inconsistent up front but has had games where they dominate on the ground. UT is beat up and down a lot of guys. PUSH (ALL TENN)

DL- UT lost Baron, but has had a better pass rush than the Hawks this year. Iowa is deeper and better against the run. Without Baron it’s IOWA. (ALL TENN)

LB- two all Americans and a 2nd team all B1G player for the hawks IOWA. (ALL TENN)

DB- Lol. IOWA (ALL TENN)

Special teams- 2023 All American punter and 2022 all American kicker IOWA

I don’t think UT is better anywhere besides receiver

Iowa's backup is out there pulling a Dobbs on us.

Before anyone yells at me, I love me some Josh Dobbs. Just tipping my hat to this "I don't know what the plays are so I guess I'll just scramble" offense. It works -- until it doesn't.
Until he didn't. :)

Don’t think it would’ve mattered who started this game for Iowa. This other kid is just pumped right now and we had no film on him. It’ll all simmer down when the defense figures him out.

I think that’s right, but still, why you wouldn’t do some basic homework and see that a statue of pork at QB wasn’t going to give you a chance to win against us is coaching malfeasance.

Reactions: Orange931

VN Store

Back