The Official #5 TENNESSEE (9-1) @ South Carolina (6-4) Game Thread: Zone Edition 7:00p.m. My Time

Still aggrevated, which means I care. Too much.
It's been said already but the whole team just seemed off. Whether it was the Jeremy Banks stuff who knows.

Curious to see what happens next Sat. Look for a ton of deep stuff cause Milton struggles in the red zone.

I'm still pissed and refuse to believe that our "normal" D is that bad. Rattler doesn't go from 8 TDs and 9 Ints to 6 TDs overnight against even a decent defense. I understand we missed Banks but if all of the rumors play out or if any of them do, Hype needs to squelch this **** right now. We play like we did Saturday and a Vandy beatdown is on the way. That already promised ready to go at the end of the season super raise may be put on hold.

Reactions: Grey_pilgrim
I'm still pissed and refuse to believe that our "normal" D is that bad. Rattler doesn't go from 8 TDs and 9 Ints to 6 TDs overnight against even a decent defense. I understand we missed Banks but if all of the rumors play out or if any of them do, Hype needs to squelch this **** right now. We play like we did Saturday and a Vandy beatdown is on the way. That already promised ready to go at the end of the season super raise may be put on hold.
This is why we gotta break dance fight

It's pretty easy for me telling myself it's best to have lost now than to have lost to OSU or Georgia again in the playoffs. I can manipulate my mind in accepting that. Only problem is who it was to and how it was lost. I ain't mad, I'm just so disappointed.

But, just like 2016, I'll get over it.

As bad as it is, if we can smoke Vandy, get a decent bowl and control and win it, this can still be a fantastic year. Any other ending is gonna leave a bad taste in my mouth whether it's deserved or not.

It's pretty easy for me telling myself it's best to have lost now than to have lost to OSU or Georgia again in the playoffs. I can manipulate my mind in accepting that. Only problem is who it was to and how it was lost. I ain't mad, I'm just so disappointed.

But, just like 2016, I'll get over it.

As bad as it is, if we can smoke Vandy, get a decent bowl and control and win it, this can still be a fantastic year. Any other ending is gonna leave a bad taste in my mouth whether it's deserved or not.
This. Bolded is kinda where I am.

Edit: The being pissed part is that I know in my heart that our team did not play to potential on Saturday night. I also fully believe that had the Defense played to their potential that we most likely wouldn't have been playing come from behind offense and that Hooker would still be leading our offense. I think everything that happened was a direct result of the Defense not playing to potential. I hope that I am eventually proven wrong and will come here and eat crow if required.

Reactions: VolNExile
USCe pulled out all kinds of tricks in their offense. We weren’t prepared for their Wildcat offense. We’ve struggled with pressure a lot this year minus the Pitt game. Rattler was able to elude what little pressure we got on him most of the night. USCe threw everything including the kitchen sink at us and it threw everything off. I don’t have any inkling of belief it’s some sort of issue of drama within the team or laying down. All of the defensive issues we saw Saturday night have been there all year, but our offense masked it.

Thank you Hendo for an unbelievable two years. Only thing that really bothers me is knowing you don’t get the proper send off you deserve.

USCe pulled out all kinds of tricks in their offense. We weren’t prepared for their Wildcat offense. We’ve struggled with pressure a lot this year minus the Pitt game. Rattler was able to elude what little pressure we got on him most of the night. USCe threw everything including the kitchen sink at us and it threw everything off. I don’t have any inkling of belief it’s some sort of issue of drama within the team or laying down. All of the defensive issues we saw Saturday night have been there all year, but our offense masked it.

Thank you Hendo for an unbelievable two years. Only thing that really bothers me is knowing you don’t get the proper send off you deserve.
This was a lot like LSWho in 2001 SECCG in that Matt Mach was completely different than what we prepared for. If we don’t know Davey out of the game we win

Reactions: volwindy

I'm not buying that we played a certain way on purpose, especially with a potential playoff game in the future. The rumors just don't add up.

Rattler had the game of the season, and why not try? They had nothing to lose and had all to gain by taking us out.

I'm not buying that we played a certain way on purpose, especially with a potential playoff game in the future. The rumors just don't add up.

Rattler had the game of the season, and why not try? They had nothing to lose and had all to gain by taking us out.
I can maybe believe that without Banks we are possibly that disorganized. But, I don't know for sure.

Yeah the one thing unforgivable is sandbagging to lose a game that’s as bad as shaving points. I saw Beasley pleading with the defense at one point I hope that’s not what it was.

Tennessee fans doing Tennessee fan things. But I get blasted here for calling it our fans, so I’m out

SoCar has a history of knocking off someone to ruin a season. Auburn and Georgia have both been victims
I hope Hypel hags 100 on them next year. Especially after Hypel just said “I agree with Dinky. It’s our job to stop their Offense “

(Hypel did not call the mizz coach Dinky. I made that part up)

I can maybe believe that without Banks we are possibly that disorganized. But, I don't know for sure.
Are we about to see our O so disorganized without Hooker? 🤪

I can believe it. You have that leader that means so much, and have a collapse.

VN Store

Back