The Official Bowling Green @ Tennessee Series Thread (Fri. 3/1 4:30PM EST) (Sat. 3/2 5PM EST) (Sun. 3/3 1PM EST) SEC NET+

Both. He used to be my neighbor.
Normally, I'd go chat up the guys in the bull pen because the fan base at GT is very thin and players appreciate students who show up to the games. Because I'm not playing any organized sports this spring, I'm attempting to go to 2 out of 3 home games which is fun for me and my friends because there really are soooo few fans for most games. ie around 400 is normal regardless of what announced attendance is. Soooo the players recognize students AND I see them around campus and few know me from working out in the same weight room, using same cafeteria etc. Anyway, Cool for you knowing some players because it makes watching the games on video and going to games better.

So thankful how all of that played out. Clemson’s Coach sat him, Tennessee beat em in their regional at their place, and he left them and came to Tennessee. Couldn’t have written it any better
That was coaching malfeasance by Clemson. Cost them the DH and 4 at bats by Amick. Amick was not happy.

Probably not, but his pitch count isn’t bad. Just a thought.
Has nothing to do with pitch count . . Has more too with a Friday starter agaisn this kinda comp. May be wrong but I doubt Our Friday guy goes 9 against these guys when we have a pen like this. It wouldn't be fair to Beam to throw him 8 innings plus

Did the coach ever address why he did it.
I know a current player on their team and, from what he has said, there was a little bit of discord on the team, as the coach sort of upset things. Not sure if it’s still the case now. Either way, Tennessee came out on the good end

Did the coach ever address why he did it.
He thought they had the game won and made the move for defensive purposes as Clemson only needed 2 outs to win the game.
For folks that don’t know, Grice was the starting 1B for Clemson when he wasn’t pitching. Amick only played 1B when Grice was P. So he moved Grice from P to 1B and put Amick on the bench. This lost the DH for the remainder of the game since Grice was DH’ing for himself as P. Since UT tied it up, Clemson was forced to pitch hit every time their relievers came up to bat. Turned out to be a horrendous decision for Clemson and the impetus for Amick entering the portal.

Has nothing to do with pitch count . . Has more too with a Friday starter agaisn this kinda comp. May be wrong but I doubt Our Friday guy goes 9 against these guys when we have a pen like this. It wouldn't be fair to Beam to throw him 8 innings plus
I said probably not earlier. Now if he gets 1-2 pitch groundouts for the next 3 innings, why not? lol. Unlikely scenario but they’ll keep him in.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back