The Official Detroit Pistons Thread

I don’t know how much shooting coaches actually matter but this seems like an excellent hire

Good riddance to a man who never wanted the job, took the money, admitted in the opening presser he didn’t really wanted the job and then purposefully phoned it in to get fired and take the remaining $65M guaranteed on the contract. He sabotaged the franchise so bad they had the worst record in team history and longest losing streak in NBA history. **** off forever Monty

You’ll see national media defend Monty Williams and try to absolve blame for the worst season in Pistons history to occur. Please watch this video first.

I’m very excited to bitch about the 6’10 kid that doesn’t have a wingspan, can’t shoot, can’t pass, can’t dribble, weights 190 lbs and is an average athlete at #5

Reactions: VolNExile
I’m very excited to bitch about the 6’10 kid that doesn’t have a wingspan, can’t shoot, can’t pass, can’t dribble, weights 190 lbs and is an average athlete at #5

You could have had Ziaire Williams but you wanted us to attach a pick to him to take Killian Hayes off your hands...

The Ringer had Ron Holland as shades of “Theoretical Josh Jackson” somebody hit me in the head with a vase

Last edited:
Reactions: VolNExile
Ron Holland saying he models his game after Mikal Bridges and Jaylen Brown

IMG_4464.gif

Tobias Harris back with the Pistons

Burying the lead, my guy got $52m/2.

Good for him. Go be basketball-happy.

Rant: 76ers fans are dipshits. I get them being mad about how it ended with Harris' disappearing act, but they act like he was never good. Bro was an efficient 18 and 7 with as many stocks as fouls over 6 years, and they act like he was garbage simply because they overpaid him. He was a third option on a team that was a joke. What would have made them happy?

Burying the lead, my guy got $52m/2.

Good for him. Go be basketball-happy.

Rant: 76ers fans are dipshits. I get them being mad about how it ended with Harris' disappearing act, but they act like he was never good. Bro was an efficient 18 and 7 with as many stocks as fouls over 6 years, and they act like he was garbage simply because they overpaid him. He was a third option on a team that was a joke. What would have made them happy?

He’s perfect capable. $26M for a top 60 NBA player is a great deal

Pistons still have about $25M left in cap space. They haven't signed Fontecchio but I'd love to see them add Kevin Huerter to get that third team for the sign and trade Sacramento/Chicago is doing, then bring back Fontecchio.

Cunningham/Sasser
Ivey/Huerter
Fontecchio/Hardaway Jr.
Harris/Thompson
Duren/Stewart

I'd be concerned about the perimeter defense for sure. You could switch Thompson or Stewart and bring Fontecchio off the bench to help the defense. Holland can be the backup 3 and Ivey can be the backup PG, which I think would be a really intriguing option. Either way, it's something.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back