The Official Florida @ Tennessee Weekend Series Thread (Thurs. 4/6 8PM EST) ESPNU (Fri. 4/7 7PM EST) SEC Network (Sat. 4/8 2PM EST) ESPN 2

Maybe it has more to do with replacing the entire starting lineup on a team that was turned completely over by the MLB draft. Prima Donna fans perhaps but none on this team.

That’s rich. Passive aggressive comment directed in my direction about Prima Donna fans.

Interesting since my family has had season baseball tickets for three decades.

It’s not great but our catchers always get hanged out to dry by our pitching philosophy that doesn’t care about holding runners.
Agree, seems like runners are able to get great jumps consistently so that is on the pitchers. Just watching Dickey throw down to 2nd twice tonight and neither throw seemed like it had much zip on it.

That doesn’t even make sense.

Vols last year hit it out of the park (esp at LNS) a lot. Somehow, even if we were behind or our pitching got roughed up, it just felt like we were never out of a game.

ND was a long ball hitting team, playing at LNS a relatively short park. Down a pitching coach, we left guys on the mound just a bit too long.

Fla's long ball tendencies not a good match for LNS's shorter field.

Hope I'm wrong, recheck after game 3...

VN Store

Back