The Official Florida @ Tennessee Weekend Series Thread (Thurs. 4/6 8PM EST) ESPNU (Fri. 4/7 7PM EST) SEC Network (Sat. 4/8 2PM EST) ESPN 2

should beam be our friday dude?

I don't know the intricacies of how that works, so I'll leave it to Tony. I think Beam has looked better bc of weaker competition in opposing Sunday pitchers. We've hit the Sunday starters of late (Aggies, LSU and now FL). Having some run production probably does wonders for his confidence. I'd like to see Dolly and Burns get the same run support and see if it makes a difference in their production.

I don't know the intricacies of how that works, so I'll leave it to Tony. I think Beam has looked better bc of weaker competition in opposing Sunday pitchers. We've hit the Sunday starters of late (Aggies, LSU and now FL). Having some run production probably does wonders for his confidence. I'd like to see Dolly and Burns get the same run support and see if it makes a difference in their production.
i agree with this also

Pitching on Sunday could help your W-L, but you’re facing the same batters, so ERA/other stats should be comparable across different nights for pitchers. I agree that Beam has looked quite good. Not sure shuffling pitchers is ideal since it suggests a loss of confidence, but as you say I’m happy to leave that to TV and FA. Plus, might as well win some Sunday games!

VN Store

Back