The Official Gonzaga @ Tennessee Series Thread (3/3 7:00PM EST SEC NET+) (3/4 6PM EST SEC NET+) (3/5 1PM EST SEC NET+)

220px-Paul_Bunyan_statue_in_Bangor%2C_Maine.jpg

Maybe one of you younger whippersnappers could put a UT hat on Mr Bunyan and replace the axe with a louisville slugger and we could have a likeness of Blake! Wish I could do fancy stuff like that and I vow to learn some day!

Reactions: HeadVol77
UVA has to do something to get people there. We are sold out for every game. But it is frustrating when you look at MVP seats and porches that are not being used for weekend games and even weekday games and families cannot hardly afford to come if they have to buy them off the market. To buy this weekend off the market for a family of 4 would be almost $200 plus the other stuff. Great problem to have that all available tickets are sold but tough when you look and see empty seats and empty porches. I've never understood why those people would not at least try to give them to families of players. They get 4 tickets for home and only 2 for away games. There are player's families that do not get to come to games to watch and there are seats not being used. I understand if they are being used but not when they are left vacant. Give them to someone. I think they should do a survey and if you don't use your seats 75% of the time they would be taken away the next year. By used I mean someone is using the ticket in person
It's not an insignificant number either. There were numerous porches empty the other day. I get midweeks are tough to make sometimes but I see a LOT of prime seats empty on the weekends too. Last year was no different.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
My mistake, they only have 13/14
No Kentucky.

View attachment 539201

I could see possibly 10 making it in, but 9 is more than likely. It’s impossible to predict at this point, but these are teams that will either end up making it or be on the bubble watch imo:

Tennessee (lock)
South Carolina (lock)
Florida (lock)
Georgia (could be hit or miss)
Vanderbilt (might be outside looking in, inconsistent)
LSU (lock)
Alabama (lock)
Auburn (could be hit or miss)
Ole Miss (lock)
Arkansas (lock)
Texas A&M (bad early season losses could do them in)

I don’t see Kentucky, Missouri, or Missouri making it.

Reactions: chuckiepoo and MAD
220px-Paul_Bunyan_statue_in_Bangor%2C_Maine.jpg

Maybe one of you younger whippersnappers could put a UT hat on Mr Bunyan and replace the axe with a louisville slugger and we could have a likeness of Blake! Wish I could do fancy stuff like that and I vow to learn some day!
The difficulty doing that with this photo is the angle. You'd need a photo of Blake from this angle below, and about the only way you'd likely get that would be from the opposing catcher, or a way too eager, round-heeled coed.

I could see possibly 10 making it in, but 9 is more than likely. It’s impossible to predict at this point, but these are teams that will either end up making it or be on the bubble watch imo:

Tennessee (lock)
South Carolina (lock)
Florida (lock)
Georgia (could be hit or miss)
Vanderbilt (might be outside looking in, inconsistent)
LSU (lock)
Alabama (lock)
Auburn (could be hit or miss)
Ole Miss (lock)
Arkansas (lock)
Texas A&M (bad early season losses could do them in)

I don’t see Kentucky, Missouri, or Missouri making it.
Missouri may make a little noise this year, it’s going to be interesting to see if they can stay healthy, they have beat Texas and TCU so far this year

UVA has to do something to get people there. We are sold out for every game. But it is frustrating when you look at MVP seats and porches that are not being used for weekend games and even weekday games and families cannot hardly afford to come if they have to buy them off the market. To buy this weekend off the market for a family of 4 would be almost $200 plus the other stuff. Great problem to have that all available tickets are sold but tough when you look and see empty seats and empty porches. I've never understood why those people would not at least try to give them to families of players. They get 4 tickets for home and only 2 for away games. There are player's families that do not get to come to games to watch and there are seats not being used. I understand if they are being used but not when they are left vacant. Give them to someone. I think they should do a survey and if you don't use your seats 75% of the time they would be taken away the next year. By used I mean someone is using the ticket in person

I agree to a point, weather has been a major pain this year. O’Connor has done a great job since he’s been there, although past 2 years team hasn’t been as strong as his first several years. I use to go to quite a few games in Hoo-ville and it was SRO. Ive also been on waiting lists for regional/supers. UVA has since gone thru renovations and upped attendance capacity. If you ever get a chance, go to a game there, it is beautiful, architecturally with columns like like Monticello. If UVA hosts regional or supers, I work hard for tickets!

Missouri may make a little noise this year, it’s going to be interesting to see if they can stay healthy, they have beat Texas and TCU so far this year
I agree they have some nice wins early on but I feel like the rigors of the SEC will push them back. It wouldn’t shock me if they make it. I just don’t see them doing it an entire season.

VN Store

Back