The Official Tennessee @ Florida Series Thread (Fri. May 3rd Game 1 3PM EST, Game 2 after SECNET+) (Sat. May 4th 6:30PM EST SECNET+)

Didn’t see Trey in the lineup today but Senzel was DH in the Nationals 6-0 loss. He went 0-2 with 2 walks. Beck played LF and went 1-4 with 3 strikeouts in the Rockies 5-4 loss in 10 innings.
Trey got called up because of Senzel getting hurt…I assume going forward he won’t be playing everyday

Beck did that a few times while here. I'm sure he'll adjust and figure it out. He's a really good hitter.
He has a long leash too I’m sure, considering the depths of the abyss the Rockies are currently in. Edward Cabrera works off a sinker/changeup too, and that’s a bad match up for guys who struggle with that. But the marlins are far from the best staff he will have to face

Tears is hurt, apparently. News to me. Lohry hasn’t been a great hitter, doesn’t make much sense to me. You’d think Villanueve would’ve been the DH
What the word…he hit twice Tuesday? Hopefully just a day to day thing…

That sucks to hear. Hope it’s nothing serious.
I would like to see Peebles get more at bats and DH quirks be a good spot to do it.

Villaneuve would be second choice.

I think we’ll need both guys in postseason. We know that Peebles has a very high ceiling and would love to get on an offensive groove.

But, I don’t know what the coaches are seeing in Lohry lately

I would like to see Peebles get more at bats and DH quirks be a good spot to do it.

I think we’ll need both guys in postseason. We know that Peebles has a very high ceiling and would love to get on an offensive groove.

Bargo, Chapman, Backus top 3 for me….I don’t see a reason to give Peebles or Robin anything going forward…I guess Lohry can prove himself one way or another tonight

Even though Peebles is batting .103 in SEC games, we know his potential and he's a switch hitter, which really helps with matchups.

Bargo is averaging a homer every 13 AB overall. If he got a fair share of starter AB’s he would be on pace to have at least 12 homers on the season. And he bats over .300 and nearly 1.000 OPS for the season. I think the stats show he should be getting more opportunities but not my decision.

VN Store

Back