The Official Tennessee @ Florida Series Thread (Fri. May 3rd Game 1 3PM EST, Game 2 after SECNET+) (Sat. May 4th 6:30PM EST SECNET+)

Biggest series of the year for me. Going to the park in the teens when Florida would come to town it was obvious we were about to get trounced just looking at a comparison of the athletes during warm ups. Eternal payback is fine by me.

Same as State and LSU. Win it all and then suck.

I guess. Lawdy that’s a fall off tho.
The question I’ve posed is would they rather win the title and suffer the fate those three have, or make the CWS every other year but never win it like we have the last few years.

it’s a tough question. I don’t even know what I’d answer. My wife and dad say things like “tony wouldn’t let that happen,” but that’s not an option in the hypothetical.

The question I’ve posed is would they rather win the title and suffer the fate those three have, or make the CWS every other year but never win it like we have the last few years.

it’s a tough question. I don’t even know what I’d answer. My wife and dad say things like “tony wouldn’t let that happen,” but that’s not an option in the hypothetical.

I think they set out on a journey to win them all, we’re along for the ride. I’d rather be consistently good than all or nothin’.

GBO!!!

Trust me…after softball and basketball you want to win it all. Nobody really cares if you are “only” good…it actually becomes a point to be made fun of when you don’t win anything. Even at the Kentucky baseball series I heard UK fans asking UT folks how did it feel to not know what a final four is. Then you have Karen in softball…dont even get me started. Winning titles matters….its not the be all end all but it is a huge deal. All being consistently good and not winning does is either makes you upset or sad. Of course it’s all hypothetical…MsSt is 5th in the conference…one spot below us. LSU won’t be down for long. Now Ole Miss was a pretty fluke title team…since that should have been our title anyway. See…thinking about that is getting me upset…..hahaha

If the answer is win it all and then suck for a year or two…the answer is always in it all!

Hoping the Vols don't carry their recent lethargy to Fla!

If the Vols can at least go 5 and 4 in the remaining conference games, they'll be a great position going into post-season play.

Reactions: Tenacjim
Watching Beck and the Rockies right now, lipscomb and the Nats at 3, then Vols to cap it off.

Don’t tell my boss though
Didn’t see Trey in the lineup today but Senzel was DH in the Nationals 6-0 loss. He went 0-2 with 2 walks. Beck played LF and went 1-4 with 3 strikeouts in the Rockies 5-4 loss in 10 innings.

Reactions: KptVFL
Go vols!!! Let’s make sure the swamp lizards will have a lot of free time this summer to focus on their upcoming 2-10 football season and not worry about Omaha.

1714687342594.gif

Reactions: hjeagle1vol
Didn’t see Trey in the lineup today but Senzel was DH in the Nationals 6-0 loss. He went 0-2 with 2 walks. Beck played LF and went 1-4 with 3 strikeouts in the Rockies 5-4 loss in 10 innings.
Beck was 0-3 with 3K when I had to turn it off and actually work. Didn’t get to watch Nats at all. Glad Beck got a hit. Yesterday and first 3 AB today he looked lost. Closest comparison I have is Burke in conference play last year. Swinging at BS in the dirt

Reactions: VolPack22
Beck was 0-3 with 3K when I had to turn it off and actually work. Didn’t get to watch Nats at all. Glad Beck got a hit. Yesterday and first 3 AB today he looked lost. Closest comparison I have is Burke in conference play last year. Swinging at BS in the dirt
Beck did that a few times while here. I'm sure he'll adjust and figure it out. He's a really good hitter.

If any of y’all have T Mobile or friends with them, they get MLB Season Ticket for free. Every game except in market teams (the Braves are blacked out for me, for example) is available to be streamed with the service. Luckily I had a friend from HS who swings for the same team (not that there’s anything wrong with that) who gave me his login since he’s not much of a sports guy lol.

Two seinfeld references back to back. I’m on fire.

VN Store

Back