The Official Tennessee vs Charlotte (Clemson Regional Final) Sun. 6/4 6PM EST ESPN+ Only

I’m not sure what y’all are on about USM having better facilities. LNS has more seats, it just comes down to how many standing room you sell. If Danny white wants us to host he can up the standing room number by a few hundred when the school submits their case tomorrow night

Reactions: VolGirl05
I’m not sure what y’all are on about USM having better facilities. LNS has more seats, it just comes down to how many standing room you sell. If Danny white wants us to host he can up the standing room number by a few hundred when the school submits their case tomorrow night
Not true, USM has 12 crowds over 5000 people in their history and a record attendance of 6300. Our record attendance is slightly over 5000.

USM has a permanent capacity of 4300, our is 4386. Our capacity doesn’t inches the porch or however many standing room seats we sell
The capacity does include the porches. Prior to the porches capacity was slightly over 4000, its inched up every time a level was added. We likely “lost” some capacity this season going from bleachers down RF line to complete chair backs. Our record crowd is 5086 their’s is 6300. They have clearly accommodated more on multiple occasions. Again, they have 12 crowds larger than our largest so it’s obvious their stadium can hold more. You don’t think we could’ve sold 6300 tickets to game 3 of the Super’s last year? If we can hold it why not do it?

Last edited:
I posted this in another thread earlier. Add in the fact that the national baseball media are now saying USM has the advantage - tells you where this is headed. Remember, though, USM needs to win today AND tomorrow. This is a long way from being over.

Selection for supers has NOTHING to do with rpi. There is no s curve of 2 seeds. It is based on lodging, facilities, and revenue (guaranteed ticket sales by the bid hosts). The only advantage TN has is in lodging, but Hattiesburg has more than sufficient accommodations to handle the event. They’re a tradition rich program with a beautiful stadium and are above us in attendance this year. Our highest ever program attendance record wouldn’t even crack their top 10 list.

Lodging - Knoxville ✅
Facilities - USM ✅
Revenue - USM ✅
Politics - “anti sec” and retiring coach - USM ✅

Vols ✅
USM ✅✅✅

As I’ve said all week, won’t even be close. Vols need Penn to win. This decision would be made entirely by the ncaa committee who thought so highly of the Vols that they shipped us off to the #4 overall seed who had won 17 in a row and just clenched an ACC title. Any hope of Vols hosting in that scenario is just an illusion.
Just want to express my appreciation to anyone who brings quiet reason into an emotionally hot (and often alcohol-warmed) VolNation thread.

In the football forum, that's a martyr's mission. But I'm impressed with how you baseball fans, no matter how passionate (or late it is) don't reject new facts or objective reason out of hand. Kudos all around, as I work my way through the morning catch up on this thread.

You can both be right. The academic researcher in me looks at the info and says USM. The fan in me looks at the drive and says USM. I'm going to be there either way!
Ahhh. I was wondering if you might be a practitioner of the dark arts of jurisprudence.

I grew up not liking baseball, but eventually realized that the minds whose thinking I most admired, either in print or speaking, were inevitably lifelong fans of the game.

IF you're comfortable telling here (I mean, the NSA, Google and the BIS already know anyway) in what do you have degrees, and what kinds of research do you get to work on?

VN Store

Back