*****The Official Tennessee vs Lithuania U21 1 p.m. (Florence, Italy)

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member

Full Schedule
Friday 1 p.m. vs Lithuania U21
Saturday 1 p.m. vs Lithuania U21
Monday 1:30 p.m. vs Stella Azzura (Rome)

Streaming on FloSports, which costs $30 for a month. If all goes well I hope to post the videos of each game.

What are 1, or 2 things max that you are looking for/hoping to see on this foreign trip? For me…

1. Can Freddie handle PG? Not sure we get a definitive answer but I think we can at least come out of this trip either feeling better or worse, I’m hoping better.

2. Can we be better offensively? Last year we were 196th in PPG @70.8ppg (that stat can be skewed by possessions), but 255th in 3pt% @32.9% isn’t and neither is 212th in 2pt% @50.3% or 220th in FT% @70.8%. Again, doubt we get a definitive answer but we can come out of this feeling optimistic or very blah.

FLORENCE, Italy − Guard Cameron Carr and forward Cade Phillips won't play for Tennessee basketball against the Lithuania U21 national team Friday in Florence.

The freshmen joined Zakai Zeigler on the injured list for UT's first game of its international tour in Italy. Zeigler is recovering from ACL surgery following his torn ACL on Feb,. 28 against Arkansas.

Carr and Phillips were two of the four players to sign with Tennessee in the 2023 recruiting class. They were teammates at Link Academy in Branson, Missouri, last season.

Carr was the No. 41 prospect in the 247Sports Composite. The 6-foot-5 guard was the final player to commit to UT. Phillips was the first player to commit to UT in the class. The 6-foot-9 forward was a three-star recruit.

Pair of Tennessee basketball freshmen out injured vs. Lithuania U21

Reactions: BruisedOrange
What are 1, or 2 things max that you are looking for/hoping to see on this foreign trip? For me…

1. Can Freddie handle PG? Not sure we get a definitive answer but I think we can at least come out of this trip either feeling better or worse, I’m hoping better.

2. Can we be better offensively? Last year we were 196th in PPG @70.8ppg (that stat can be skewed by possessions), but 255th in 3pt% @32.9% isn’t and neither is 212th in 2pt% @50.3% or 220th in FT% @70.8%. Again, doubt we get a definitive answer but we can come out of this feeling optimistic or very blah.
1. Can we get more consistency with our post players. They were consistently, inconsistent. One game you have Nkamhoua look like an NBA player vs Duke and then the next you have him shoot 2-9 and only score 6 points. It was like that all year with him. Don't get me started with Uros. I am excited to see how Aidoo and Awaka do with starters minutes. I expect many double doubles this year from them.

2. Can Dalton Knecht be the consistent scorer that we need from the wing. I'm not expecting his 20 ppg from North Colorado, but 12-15 ppg would be nice! Tyreke Key showed us flashes last year, but disappeared a lot. I hope we get more out of Knecht in his role.

3. Can Mashack take another step forward offensively? He's already one of the best defenders in the country.

Nice drive by Dilione but the shot rimmed out.

Guess the italians aren't big on timeliness. Tap, tap, tap
Had to back out and go back in for game. score 10 -2 ten

VN Store

Back