The Official Texas A&M @ #1 Tennessee National Championship Game 1 Thread (Sat. June 22 7:30 EST) (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well. . . We haven’t ever actually won so I guess we gotta take that lump.

But The Real UT will always be The University of Tennessee.

This makes being a Tennessee fan tough sometimes. We are a good enough program to be in the mix in most sports but we never take home the trophy. We also have alot of "rivals". We aren't ignored like Vandy, UK (every sport but basketball), South Carolina, Arkansas, etc. However, we aren't taking home titles like Alabama, Georgia, LSU, etc.

The biggest hit with Tennessee has been football before Heupel. We still get a lot of disrespect because of how long we were in the wilderness in thst sport.

This makes being a Tennessee fan tough sometimes. We are a good enough program to be in the mix in most sports but we never take home the trophy. We also have alot of "rivals". We aren't ignored like Vandy, UK (every sport but basketball), South Carolina, Arkansas, etc. However, we aren't taking home titles like Alabama, Georgia, LSU, etc.

The biggest hit with Tennessee has been football before Heupel. We still get a lot of disrespect because of how long we were in the wilderness in thst sport.
It truly is amazing how long we were just lost in the football realm while still throwing millions and millions at the problem.

Thankfully I do believe we have finally turned the corner.

Reactions: volbound1700
It is all coaching. We hired some major duds until Heupel. Florida is in a similar spit right now.
Agree that we just made terrible hires. I think we got the best AD and an incredible HC now.

But also NIL money has made our turn around much easier. That plays right into our court.

This is all about the $$$$ that is why it is going 3 games. Storybook ending with SeChrist ending his career As a Vol. It is all about the money. Watch the calls behind the plate. Burke does not get caught lookinG much less 2 times in one game. The only way this was going 3 games was for TX A&M to win game 1.

This post is ridiculous along with other conspiracy theories.

I agree that Burke doesn't get caught looking often, but perhaps after he was caught looking the first time it was the same type of pitch the second time. I think the strikeout the second time which is the only one I saw was legitimate but it doesn't mean two umpires would call it the same way.

Reactions: TheMookieMonster
This post is ridiculous along with other conspiracy theories.
do you think it goes three games? It is all about the money, I did not say anything a conspiracy, but you and several others did. It is about the money and a lousy plate umpire. You want to discuss conspiracies then go to the Politics Forum. How this game we ended up with an inconsistent lousy umpire for a championship series is a huge question mark.

do you think it goes three games? It is all about the money, I did not say anything a conspiracy, but you and several others did. It is about the money and a lousy plate umpire. You want to discuss conspiracies then go to the Politics Forum.

Now why would you bring up another board in the baseball thread? An easy reason to get the posts smoked.

You are cooking up a conspiracy here on this board. That is really what is hilarious. We see the game live, but yeah there some funny action right before our face live on television where we get to see all the hits, balls, strikes, errors, rotation decisions, etc. But oh yeah it's about the money. What isn't but it doesn't mean it's all cooked up?

I'm more apt to believe the conspiracy if they determined the winner after we had all gone to bed then let us know the inputs later and told us to believe it.

Are their always questionable calls? Well sure. However, sports are where winners and losers are generally determined in tangible ways is great ways to settle the discussion.

I remember thinking the games in Boston Garden used to be fixed (and they probably were 🙂) but I watched a 30:30 on the 1985 Boston vs LA NBA Finals. Sometimes you just gotta go in and win the thing.

Last edited:
Now why would you bring up another board in the baseball thread? An easy reason to get the posts smoked.

You are cooking up a conspiracy here on this board. That is really what is hilarious. We see the game live, but yeah there some funny action right before our face live on television where we get to see all the hits, balls, strikes, errors, rotation decisions, etc. But oh yeah it's about the money. What isn't but it doesn't mean it's all cooked up?

I'm more apt to believe the conspiracy if they determined the winner after we had all gone to bed then let us know the inputs later and told us to believe it.
Sounds like you are just talking to be talking. The tone in America overall is to assume conspiracy first and then let the facts come out later. I don't care whether you disagree or not. Do you think that the UMP for the game was consistent or just incompetent? We lost the game by our on hand however, there were some critical UMP calls that prevented momentum shifts and runs. Overall we lost. No Conspiracy, just a 3 game series in the making. It is about the money.

Sounds like you are just talking to be talking. The tone in America overall is to assume conspiracy first and then let the facts come out later. I don't care whether you disagree or not. Do you think that the UMP for the game was consistent or just incompetent? We lost the game by our on hand however, there were some critical UMP calls that prevented momentum shifts and runs. Overall we lost. No Conspiracy, just a 3 game series in the making. It is about the money.

You're the one blaming the Ump.

I didn't see the entire game.

I'm sure there were missed calls but when the advantage is razor thin, then don't help the other team (errors).

You're the one blaming the Ump.

I didn't see the entire game.

I'm sure there were missed calls but when the advantage is razor thin, then don't help the other team (errors).

The umpire’s zone was weird to say the least. It felt like batters were getting half at bats to me. Difference was A&M adapted and we didn’t. Our guys were always batting from behind. A&M managed a lot of 2 strike hits. We didn’t. Didn’t help that Tears and Moore didn’t have a hit between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back