The Official Thanks CP Thread

Mods move if you feel the need, but i hadn't seen one yet and with someone like this I felt it was necessary. Not that he'll ever read this, but maybe the thing I appreciated the most was how in games when the overall team effort lacked, he always seemed to show up and give 110%. VFL and I thank you CP. Good luck in the pro's and go out and rep this proud university like you did this past fall :rock:

C.P.

I must admit, that as a U.T. fan, I was concerned a little when DaRick left the team, prior to N.C. State game. I felt that the passing game would take a slight step backwards. I knew that someone or a combination of receivers would fill DaRick's void. However; when we were able to see you play in the first game of the season, we knew the void was filled by one individual players.
Us, Vol fans, thank you for chosing the Vols and giving us a season to not be forgotten.....

Reactions: 1 person
Beware, the "not a VFL" posts are coming.

But he is not a VFL? I really do not think people understand the meaning of that statement. Just because someone says that does not mean it is a negative connotation. He was only in a UT uniform for a year, so I doubt he really cares that much about the university.

But he is not a VFL? I really do not think people understand the meaning of that statement. Just because someone says that does not mean it is a negative connotation. He was only in a UT uniform for a year, so I doubt he really cares that much about the university.

Well I know people who spent 0 years in a Vols' uniform and they are VFL. Why? Because they root on this team or university every Saturday. How do you know CP won't do the same? From everything I've ever heard or seen from him, he loves his teammates, he loved playing here. I remember being in a bar on the strip this year, and the DJ gave CP the mic. All he did was said he was thankful for his teammates and all the fans. He pleaded for the fans to come out to the last two games, so that they (team) could make them proud. He said they would play their hardest and everyone would see a difference. He even guaranteed a bowl game appearance.

Now, while that didn't happen, I don't think it's fair to judge his dedication to the program just because he only spent one season here. I'm sure he wanted to spend more than one season, but when the NFL comes calling, you have to listen. No fault in that.

Reactions: 2 people
Thank you Cordarrell for the explosive possibilities everytime you touched the ball. As a fan for 45 yrs., very few players have the "it" factor and you are extremely tallented.
Chuck Webb, Carl Pickens, Dale Carter, Condredge Holloway and CP; all were fun to watch.

Thanks and hope nothing but the best for you in the League.

Thank you Cordarrell for all the great highlights and keeping us on the edge of our seats everytime the ball was in your hands! You have been one of my favorite players to watch and I look forward to seeing you succeed on the next level! Thanks for always being a class act and representing the "T" with the pride and enthusiasm you have!

Not only was CP an amazing athelete, he always seemed to have a smile on his face. Not a disease like other players I know of. Wish he would have given us 1 more year of highlights. Best of luck in the league. Hope he ends up with the falcons!

:thumbsup:Thanks, the next Randy Moss.

That's the guy that I compare him to. Like Moss, he has the unusual ability to run with complete awareness. His eyes are up field, and he is anticipating the way the defense is going to pursue. It's what allows him to make those ridiculous cutbacks and reverse field moves that he did.

I have to wonder if he was planning on being a one-and-done the whole time. But even if that is so, it was worth it.

Last edited:
Hate to lose him, God bless him at the next level

cP, THANK YOU FOR A GREAT YEAR. I WISH YOU WELL IN THE NFL, KEEP YOUR HEAD LEVEL AND YOU WILL HAVE A GREAT CAREER. I WILL NOW HAVE TWO NFL TEAMS TO SUPPORT, YOURS AND PEYTONS. I KNOW YOUR TIME IN KNOXVILLE WAS SHORT BUT DONT FORGET THE ORANGE.

John Chavis said he was the best JUCO player he'd ever seen.
Charlie Garner is the best offensive JUCO I recall for UT. Till now. CP is much more explosive player. Should he stay another year, I'd say he'd likely be the greatest ever in college ball. If I'm not mistaken Keyshawn Johnson was the best JUCO receiver.
CP accounted for 1,858 total yards this year, and I think we can all say that they could have gotten even more out of him. In a simple offense like Jones runs, there is no telling what he could achieve.
On the offensive side he averaged 14.6 yards anytime he touched the ball. Include his kickoffs and punts and the figure goes over 20.

John Chavis said he was the best JUCO player he'd ever seen.
Charlie Garner is the best offensive JUCO I recall for UT. Till now. CP is much more explosive player. Should he stay another year, I'd say he'd likely be the greatest ever in college ball. If I'm not mistaken Keyshawn Johnson was the best JUCO receiver.
CP accounted for 1,858 total yards this year, and I think we can all say that they could have gotten even more out of him. In a simple offense like Jones runs, there is no telling what he could achieve.
On the offensive side he averaged 14.6 yards anytime he touched the ball. Include his kickoffs and punts and the figure goes over 20.

:eek:k:

CP you were the most exciting player to wear orange since Chuck Webb. You're a legend now. I wish we could see you for another year in the Big Orange. Good luck in the NFL. Sorry you had to play for Dooley.

we Webbs were partial to Chuck as well,but I agree 100%. Loved watching CP! only plays I could watch were offensive. Good luck,thanks,and sorry Cordarelle.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back