The Official Thread of "Da Bears"

Mock drafts before the end of the season and resulting draft order are generally annoying, but much funner recently. 🤔 One I would have scoffed at a couple of weeks ago, got my interest. The number one overall to the Raiders for their 2024 1st and 2nd, 2025 1st and 3rd…and? Maxx Crosby! Pro Bowl force opposite Sweat. Now he has a hefty contract with two years remaining, but the Bears have a LOT of salary cap flexibility even with Jaylon Johnson and Justin Fields decisions upcoming. Would be an instant fix and make that defense lethal! Also opens up freedom to address other areas in the draft or draft another high upside edge because depth is a need. Lot riding on how this team and certain players perform these last four games.

Reactions: Outofmyvolcanmind
Mock drafts before the end of the season and resulting draft order are generally annoying, but much funner recently. 🤔 One I would have scoffed at a couple of weeks ago, got my interest. The number one overall to the Raiders for their 2024 1st and 2nd, 2025 1st and 3rd…and? Maxx Crosby! Pro Bowl force opposite Sweat. Now he has a hefty contract with two years remaining, but the Bears have a LOT of salary cap flexibility even with Jaylon Johnson and Justin Fields decisions upcoming. Would be an instant fix and make that defense lethal! Also opens up freedom to address other areas in the draft or draft another high upside edge because depth is a need. Lot riding on how this team and certain players perform these last four games.
I say Bears draft a QB in 2nd or 3rd round...

Franchise tag Fields after is it this season or next..give him that one Franchise tag year and develop a Penix or Nix and give them the keys in their second year...

Reactions: butchna
I say Bears draft a QB in 2nd or 3rd round...

Franchise tag Fields after is it this season or next..give him that one Franchise tag year and develop a Penix or Nix and give them the keys in their second year...
That’s been my ideal scenario, but if he craps the bed these last four, that may force Poles hand. Not even about WINS (tho that weighs even more) but PERFORMANCE. Gotta start throwing receivers open more consistently to take that next step. And you draft one of the talented second tier options as just that…options. Like your trade for Trey Lance. Salvage him and shine him up and maybe net a nice return afterwards.

Justin needs to just do what he did against Detroit. Make a few plays with his legs and arm down the field. Be more accurate and faster with short reads to slow down the pass rush and know when to throw it away vs big sacks and Ints. And one more thing, stop fumbling 33% of the time you get tackled.

With our defense and kicking game, we can win a lot of games with him contributing 2 TD's and not turning it over.

Justin needs to just do what he did against Detroit. Make a few plays with his legs and arm down the field. Be more accurate and faster with short reads to slow down the pass rush and know when to throw it away vs big sacks and Ints. And one more thing, stop fumbling 33% of the time you get tackled.

With our defense and kicking game, we can win a lot of games with him contributing 2 TD's and not turning it over.
True! Move TOWARDS something and make it easier on the decision makers. You don’t have to get all at once.

True! Move TOWARDS something and make it easier on the decision makers. You don’t have to get all at once.
Yes, just please start taking some steps forward. I can even handle one step back provided three go forward. We need this as Bears fans. Been a long time since sustained success.

Reactions: butchna
After watching the calls go against the Vols all year, it's difficult to watch the NFL also. Two blown calls on the same play. Easily roughing the passer which would've seen Cairo nail a field goal prior to halftime, and the ball in the end zone was absolutely not a pick.

I cannot believe how dominant he is and how the entire defense has improved since that trade. A second rounder? He's worth a 1st and 2nd minimum. He also seems to be a heck of a guy and immediately started community work since arrival.
Wipes out the memory of the Chase Claypool trade imo. A good to great GM is always gonna make wrong calls. Just have to make way more of these.

Huge decision coming on if you keep Fields snd coaching staff…makes or breaks the Gm and the next half to full decade for the Bears

Huge decision coming on if you keep Fields snd coaching staff…makes or breaks the Gm and the next half to full decade for the Bears
I don’t think it has to be anywhere near that dramatic. A strong core team can weather sudden changes to Plan A. Philly went from all in on
Carson Wentz to the Super Bowl with Jalen Hurts. Niners went from Garrapolo to Trey Lance to now Brock Purdy. You just have to get way more right than you miss.

As a Lions fan, I would be much obliged if you kept the coaching staff and Fields. A great play caller with Williams or Maye with the assets you have is my nightmare.

As a Lions fan you Bears have improved the
last few games. You whipped us pretty good
the last time we played.

As a Lions fan, I would be much obliged if you kept the coaching staff and Fields. A great play caller with Williams or Maye with the assets you have is my nightmare.
This is my issue. I am surrounded by rival fans at work and they all want us to keep Fields. Even yesterday he cannot cement his status. Even against a bad defense.

They are probably getting rid of both Fields and the staff…new staff will want a new qb…also restarts time on when you have to pay a qb big money which means better talent around the rookie…my issue is I think Williams may suck much like Young last year…time will tell

They are probably getting rid of both Fields and the staff…new staff will want a new qb…also restarts time on when you have to pay a qb big money which means better talent around the rookie…my issue is I think Williams may suck much like Young last year…time will tell
Not sure I agree. Not every coach promoted from coordinator hits the ground running. Some that do (Nagy) crash and burn when the glitter wears off. The Chicago Bears were 3-14 last year. They are already 3 games better than that with 2 to play. The Bears were -137 on point margin last year. They are -41 this year. That will only improve the next two games I feel. If the current trajectory continues, the Bears will win 10+ games next year and make the playoffs. Adding valuable pieces in the draft will only increase those chances. I agree Fields might not be with the team, but the coach should be.

Bears would be making a mistake drafting Caleb Williams, the guy doesn't have the "it" factor...

He may be box office with his demeanor, but the same movie gets old after so many times watching it..

VN Store

Back