The official Toronto Blue Jays thread!

Nothing. Some (well, more than that, obviously) just thrive on being complete assholes. Maybe they'll grow up some day, but I doubt it. Pretty embarrassing, actually.

I actually pity people whose lives are so miserable that their joy in life is being complete idiots. I mean, the United States is so wonderful, right? You would think living in such a glorious place would make them ecstatic, and they would have better things to do than try to bring others down. My my my.... makes one wonder....

The more you show it bothers you, the more they are going to push your buttons.

The only thing that I can add to this thread: I accompanied my first wife to her 10 yr high school reunion when we were still just dating. (1996) A girl that she went to high school with was married to a relief pitcher for the Blue Jays that played on their world series teams in the early '90s. He rented a limo and three couples (including my wife and I) rolled up to the reunion in that. I got to try on his world series ring. That was pretty cool.

Also, I went to Toronto for a week on a business trip in the summer of 2000. I went to the observation deck of the CN tower and looked down on a Blue Jay game in progress. I had a great time in Toronto. I love that city (granted, I have never been in the winter).

Thanks for that, vader. You're one of the handful of decent people I've come across on here. I think it's ridiculous the way people are about Canada around here... you'd think we were bombing y'all down there or something.

The more you show it bothers you, the more they are going to push your buttons.

You're absolutely right, I said the same thing to Jeremy last night.... and I said I wasn't gonna waste my time, but here I am.

Thanks for that, vader. You're one of the handful of decent people I've come across on here. I think it's ridiculous the way people are about Canada around here... you'd think we were bombing y'all down there or something.

I would love to spend some more time in Toronto...in the summer. :)

I would love to spend some more time in Toronto...in the summer. :)

Ha... that's the only thing about Canada I don't like, I hate winters here! :p I should soon be in Tennessee permanently... not sure I can handle the heat y'all get! Canadian summers are nice and hot... but the temperatures in TN are insane sometimes. :crazy:

Yeah, try Texas sometime. :crazy: The five day below is actually relatively mild for this time of year.

At least you are saying y'all right. :)

Attachments

• weather.jpg
    weather.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 0
Yeah, try Texas sometime. :crazy: The five day below is actually relatively mild for this time of year.

At least you are saying y'all right. :)

Texas? I would have heat stroke... lol :swoon3:

I see some people say "ya'll", but that has just never looked right to me... I always say "y'all". I figured I was probably wrong, though. :p

I can't believe that 99 degrees is mild.... omg. I would not last a week in that heat. :gone:

The first time I lived here, we had a summer where there were something like 40 days in a row over 100. :wacko:

As much as I don't like A-Rod, I didn't think much of Towers clobbering him with the ball like that. A-Rod's leg looked bad after that... was no need of it. I know that's how they do things, but I think it's stupid and dangerous. Sure, that stunt he pulled a couple of months ago was immature, but he didn't physically hurt anyone. Go ahead and tell him what a jerk you think he is or whatever, but don't be throwing balls at him at 80 or 90 mph. :wacko:

Yeah, not a very smart or safe thing to be doing, no matter the reasons. It always leads to retaliation (in this case, Clemens plunking Rios)... some time or another a pitcher is going to miss his spot (side, hip, leg) and nail someone in the head.

Like come on, Roger... that's your former team you're throwing at!

Anyway, time to get over it methinks.

You've got a diamond
You've got nine men
You've got a hat and a bat
And that's not all
You've got the bleachers
Got 'em from spring 'til fall
You got a dog and a drink
And the umpire's call
Waddaya want?
Let's play ball!

Okay (okay)