The Official UNC-Asheville @ Tennessee Game Thread (Tues. 3/28 4:30PM EST) SEC NETWORK+

Honestly, I don't care enough to even consider engaging that bunch. Before the title IX BS, UT had a wrestling team. Since then, wrestling has no history at UT. It's like the sport was erased. Don't give 2 squirts about women's sports.
It’s all personal opinion i guess. I for one love our Lady Vol sports. They have brought home most of our national titles.

It’s all personal opinion i guess. I for one love our Lady Vol sports. They have brought home most of our national titles.
Guess if one has blood and sweat in a sport only to have the rug pulled out from under you, it might make a person just a wee bit bitter.

Ok good win. Bad thing is alabama, vandy, lsu , Arkansas , etc best the dog crap out of their mid weeks. Ughhhh. We still don’t know how good we are yet. We will know this weekend though. I hope we go 2-1 at least

Love the Lady Vols.

Title IX was BS?
We all agree with the concept that women's sports should not be ignored and it's only fair that the females have scholarship opportunities just like the males. However, Title IX was implemented in a stupid as heck way. Football scholarships should have been excluded from the count as there is no "female equivalent sport." T IX is why you can watch the ladies play in orange from the Vols on the soccer field and volleyball court, but you can't watch the men do the same.

Title IX - support the concept, loathe the implementation.

Reactions: EasternVol
Ok good win. Bad thing is alabama, vandy, lsu , Arkansas , etc best the dog crap out of their mid weeks. Ughhhh. We still don’t know how good we are yet. We will know this weekend though. I hope we go 2-1 at least

Those teams beating the dog crap out of their mid weeks is irrelevant.

Expecting to go at least 2-1 this weekend is expecting a lot.

Your expectations are just a tad lofty. We are playing the #1 team in the country at their house. Their house is a very loud obnoxious place. I’d be estactic with 2-1 but happy with 1-2 with close games.

Those teams beating the dog crap out of their mid weeks is irrelevant.

Expecting to go at least 2-1 this weekend is expecting a lot.

Yeah yeah I agree I’d be happy with 1-2. I’m living in the past. Story of my life as a vol fan. But season isn’t as important apparently. We made the World Series. Then missed it with one of the best teams ever. Sports make no sense.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Wasn't able to watch the game, and has probably been mentioned, but I see from the box score that we had 9 pitchers combine for a 1-hitter. That's gotta be fairly unusual.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Yeah yeah I agree I’d be happy with 1-2. I’m living in the past. Story of my life as a vol fan. But season isn’t as important apparently. We made the World Series. Then missed it with one of the best teams ever. Sports make no sense.
March Madness is a great sporting event... but an absurd way to determine the "best" team. Head-to-head championship works in football, and mostly works with a 4-team playoff. But when they expand it to 8... no. We're going to see the truly best teams eliminated.

I don't know enough about the details of baseball to say about the CWS. But every good sport has an element of rock-paper-scissors in it. That's what makes the sport interesting to play or watch. But crowning a "best" team in any good sport is a fools errand.

Better to let people argue over it the rest of the year, year after year. I mean, why else did God create sports talk radio and internet forums?

March Madness is a great sporting event... but an absurd way to determine the "best" team. Head-to-head championship works in football, and mostly works with a 4-team playoff. But when they expand it to 8... no. We're going to see the truly best teams eliminated.

I don't know enough about the details of baseball to say about the CWS. But every good sport has an element of rock-paper-scissors in it. That's what makes the sport interesting to play or watch. But crowning a "best" team in any good sport is a fools errand.

Better to let people argue over it the rest of the year, year after year. I mean, why else did God create sports talk radio and internet forums?
They don’t crown “The Best”, the “Champion” cuts down the nets. Occasionally, the best team does win the Championship! 😏

Reactions: BruisedOrange
Had really great seats at the game tonight. I got to see Burke hit a piss missile out of the park. I got to see Kirby pitch.I saw some very attractive college ages ladies. The game was just kinda oh hum. Good pitching by the Vols. I sat in section A row 5 seat 19. Really good view of the plate. All in all worth the 3 hour drive from Gallatin and the walk from Tee Martin Drive to the stadium.

Attachments

• IMG_2023-03-28-16-12-42-584.jpg
    IMG_2023-03-28-16-12-42-584.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2023-03-28-16-44-38-691.jpg
    IMG_2023-03-28-16-44-38-691.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2023-03-28-16-55-33-836.jpg
    IMG_2023-03-28-16-55-33-836.jpg
    692.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Had really great seats at the game tonight. I got to see Burke hit a piss missile out of the park. I got to see Kirby pitch.I saw some very attractive college ages ladies. The game was just kinda oh hum. Good pitching by the Vols. I sat in section A row 5 seat 19. Really good view of the plate. All in all worth the 3 hour drive from Gallatin and the walk from Tee Martin Drive to the stadium.
My daughter did say someone was creeping on her. Just kidding. Glad you enjoyed the game.

Reactions: AllVolinGA

Thought they were expanding it to 12 in 2024 maybe I'm wrong

When I became a fan of the Premier League, I learned that they didn’t have playoffs. You have 20 teams, each team plays every team home and away and at the end of the 38 game season, the team with the most points gets the title. That is how you truly crown the champion. So in that sense, to me what Tennessee did in baseball during the regular season last year and the way they dominated put no doubt they were the greatest team, not Ole Miss that got lucky.

Vitello is building pitching depth. He’ll throw a lot of arms at LSU this weekend but it’s really about tournament time in the long run. He may have to be a 2 seed somewhere but pity the 1 if so cause few teams will have the pitching depth that Tennessee will be able to throw at them. Tennessee has potentially 5 “Friday night guys” (Dolly, Burns, Beam, Halver, Lindsay) they can throw.

Reactions: MAD

VN Store

Back