The Official Vandy @ #1 Tennessee SEC Tourney Game 1 Thread (Wed. May 22 5:30PM EST SEC NETWORK)

What the heck - I make a quick run to the store - it was 1-1 when I left now it is 6-1. Is this a day for the top 4 seeds to lose?

Mississippi St got smoked twice in the SEC tourney (including 11-0 by us) and won a Natty!
I hope they win the Natty, but Vols better start taking this one serious, Vandy has the momentum and will not let up. Vols have shown zero energy this far and pitching has been a head scratcher

Somehow I managed to get a bug bite directly on my knee cap…wth!!! This thing itches like crazy,,,hahahahaha….dead center of my kneecap…hahahaha

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Not sure what he was thinking either. I was guessing it had to do with getting AJ in.
We do seem to be getting a bunch of guys some post season experience.

Does the Wednesday game day factor in to this at all?

Fantastic set up guy in late innings. Early relief looking for more than an inning? First I remember he’s been asked for that.
Im reminding myself that this coaching staff has an eye on a bigger prize than an SEC tourney win. We fans are thinking about this matchup and this matchup only. This coaching staff is thinking about this one, regionals and beyond.

Vols going to get run ruled today, if the Vols don't care about this game then their chances are severely diminished to win in the Regionals
another crazy jump to conclusions…do you think we will be using this pitching lineup? Do you think we will be playing a game 1 vs a team as solid as Vandy? Do you think a rowdy LNS might just help us some?

Reactions: LoudOrange
Pitching is atrocious
Pitching is not our best suit this year and when our bats are silent, which it appears is the case tonight, we are vulnerable. Hope the bats heat up and get control of thus game.. It appears that we are swing for the fences, and. Not connecting. All this got started with a walk and led to five runs for Vandy. Not our sharpest outing so far.

Reactions: VolunteerCeltic
The fact TV started Snead says alot about what he thinks about this tournament.
Getting smoked by rival Vandy in the first game after seeing kittens try to hand us some separation is a not a good take

Tony's decisions on our starter, leaving him in too long, & even our DP hasn't work out. Maybe sent the wrong message to the team and fans. Lose two in a row and this team could become a head case (like me)

VN Store

Back