The Official Volnation Pre-pre Season Top 10

U-T

Ok everyone....I am going to see how many people I can get here but I want everyone who wants to vote....to send me their Top 10 selections for next year in football....through PM....

Should take me a few days to add it up.

I will simply give the 1st place team 10 points and the 10th place team 1 point.

No Ties
No votes for Georgia, Florida, or Southern Cal....ok, scratch that....

Just to keep this thread afloat, I'll get some conversation going.

Who's looking forward to Boise State at Georgia next season?

Everybody except Mark Richt.

It's got to suck when one of your cupcake games that you scheduled 5 years ago turns into a top 20 team. :dlol:

If Boise State wins... I am going to dance. I don't know what else I could do in that situation. I just hope Richt wishes he had redshirted Pollack to get an extra year out of him for this game.

At least they don't have to go play them on the smurf turf. The home field will be huge for this one. There's nothing fun for a northern team when they are playing an early September game in Athens, GA. Kickoff temp will probably be about 85-90 degrees.

Boise can get pretty warm. It's right near the plains of eastern Washington, which gets 90-95 right around when training starts.

Originally posted by milohimself@Feb 13, 2005 9:58 PM
Just to keep this thread afloat, I'll get some conversation going.

Who's looking forward to Boise State at Georgia next season?

I'm just curious to see UGA's offense, or lack of.

Originally posted by GAVol@Feb 13, 2005 10:12 PM
At least they don't have to go play them on the smurf turf.

:lol: I have never heard that! I like it!

Originally posted by GAVol@Feb 13, 2005 10:07 PM
Everybody except Mark Richt.

It's got to suck when one of your cupcake games that you scheduled 5 years ago turns into a top 20 team. :dlol:

In all honesty, that is the best thing that can happen, unless, of course, you aren't as good as you think and lose. It builds your strength of schedule, and if they really are a good team, it gets the guys ready to compete at a higher level a little quicker, which we need competing in the SEC. Not to mention the national attention, tv money, etc. I would think a good coach with plenty of confidence in his team would look at it as a good thing.

I really dont think Boise will be able to hang with our athletes. It could be close at the half but by the end of the game we are to deep and they will be to tired of chasing Shockley, Ware, Brown and Lumpkin all over the field. Plus I know they put up rediculous points but since when have they seen and SEC defense like ours?

I'm really anxious to see how Zabranski and co. handle the Dawg defense. Sorry Fade, but I gotta say I'm pulling for the Broncos in that game. Gotta go with the Smurf turf. I'm not expecting a win, though.

Originally posted by Fadeproof@Feb 14, 2005 5:41 PM
I really dont think Boise will be able to hang with our athletes. It could be close at the half but by the end of the game we are to deep and they will be to tired of chasing Shockley, Ware, Brown and Lumpkin all over the field. Plus I know they put up rediculous points but since when have they seen and SEC defense like ours?

why are u on a vol board?

just curious.

tell us what they say about us in dawg country.

Originally posted by U&#045;T+Feb 14, 2005 6:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (U-T @ Feb 14, 2005 6:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-checkerboard_charly@Feb 14, 2005 6:20 PM

just curious.

Rivals can&#39;t join the board? [/quote]
i just asked. i wasnt rude. just curious.

1.usc
2.texas
3.tennessee
4.michigan
5.oklahoma
6.iowa.
7.miami
8.va tech
9.ohio st.
10.florida

there is mine. i know im dumb and stupid and all that. i said it for u guys. so save ur breath. lets see some more.

Originally posted by U&#045;T+Feb 14, 2005 5:03 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (U-T @ Feb 14, 2005 5:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-checkerboard_charly@Feb 13, 2005 8:30 PM
only vol freak should do the "OFFICIAL" top 10

It&#39;s cool. I can count.... [/quote]
:lol: :lol:

I am not sure that&#39;s even a requirement. :lol:

I honestly don&#39;t think Boise State can hang with a good SEC team, but regardless, I won&#39;t be cheering for them to beat Georgia. That would hurt our strength of schedule. I hope all the teams we play win as many games as possible except against us, but especially all their out-of-conference games. Otherwise, it makes the SEC look weaker than they really are.

Originally posted by DrVol1@Feb 14, 2005 9:28 PM
I honestly don&#39;t think Boise State can hang with a good SEC team, but regardless, I won&#39;t be cheering for them to beat Georgia. That would hurt our strength of schedule. I hope all the teams we play win as many games as possible except against us, but especially all their out-of-conference games. Otherwise, it makes the SEC look weaker than they really are.

you make a very good point

Originally posted by DrVol1@Feb 14, 2005 6:28 PM

If Tennessee goes undefeated next year, there WILL be a national championship. Plus there&#39;s that little matter of the automatic bid into the Sugar Bowl from the SECCG... So, otherwise you&#39;re just complaining about ranking. Who cares? Unless you are AP#1, people don&#39;t care what ranking, just the outcome of the games and the season record.

Well the main reason I am here is to talk football with some intelligent SEC football fans and one of my teams biggest rivals. If it makes you feel better I also post on numerous UGA boards and AU, UF, USC, GT, LSU and other rival team boards. Im not here to say my team is better than yours or downgrade your program, but to get and give different perspectives of football around the country.

VN Store

Back