The Official Wofford @ Tennessee Tuesday Game Thread 4/2/23 (6:30PM EST SEC NETWORK +)

Ok so we've gotten a little more info. Pitcher at FL State... and now I've found her. Caylan Arnold.

NOTHING gets by me.. right @mad4vols ??

https://twitter.com/arnoldcaylan?lang=en
i-can-vouch-for-that-del-griffith.gif

I'm ready to try Drieling at leadoff.
Not a bad thought, CTV may keep things as is for the time being as it’s working however in 2024, Drieling could be a terrific lead off guy, every at a bat is solid, even if he‘s K’s. IMO, he may be the next super star we have the privilege to watch for a few more years.

Not a bad thought, CTV may keep things as is for the time being as it’s working however in 2024, Drieling could be a terrific lead off guy, every at a bat is solid, even if he‘s K’s. IMO, he may be the next super star we have the privilege to watch for a few more years.

Maui is so so leading off. Some games, I wonder if he needs to have his vision checked. It appears he doesn't see, and/or process, the spin on the ball. He will swing and miss by a foot on some sharp breaking stuff.

But, unsure how Drieling fares against left handed pitching.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Maui is so so leading off. Some games, I wonder if he needs to have his vision checked. It appears he doesn't see, and/or process, the spin on the ball. He will swing and miss by a foot on some sharp breaking stuff.

But, unsure how Drieling fares against left handed pitching.
He’s definitely hot or cold at leadoff……of late he has been much better. I was just implying that CTV may not want to mess with the mojo right now. I’d have to go back and look, but Maui may have been better in the 6th or 7th slot when he was there for several games

He’s definitely hot or cold at leadoff……of late he has been much better. I was just implying that CTV may not want to mess with the mojo right now. I’d have to go back and look, but Maui may have been better in the 6th or 7th slot when he was there for several games
i thought he was really good at 6, so good it got Tony to eventually lead him off. When hes hot, he gets on base all day.

Yeah, it takes a ballsy coach to make changes when you are winning. Doubt that CTV rocks the boat right now.

Plus, Maui's ego may be like an egg shell....hey hey...:)

Maui probably makes fewer errors on defense when he's batting leadoff. Or, some would argue...he makes fewer errors when his back isn't in as much pain.

It is an extremely common thing you see with shortstops. Sometimes, they think they're the best athlete and need to bat high. But, some of them can't hit consistently.

i thought he was really good at 6, so good it got Tony to eventually lead him off. When hes hot, he gets on base all day.

Kinda a variation of the Ben Joyce issue last year. When he is on, it's electric stuff. When he isn't feeling it, he's 0-5 with three K's.

Haven't looked at the stats, but my guess is that Maui leads team in k's per at bat. Probably doesn't lead in overall k's since he missed several games.

Last edited:
Yes....I am guilty on that charge. Very happy C Scott has proven me wrong.

But, per those stats from Grease, despite missing a dozen games, Maui leads the team in strikeouts.

Yes, but solid batting average and really good RBI totals. The fielding percentage is lower than expected.

VN Store

Back