The Official Zone Severe Weather Thread

If I've ever been honest about anything, I love it😅. I can't put into words how much I hate being cold. I'm like superman, get my strength from the sun!
OK, we can now all ignore both Fox News and the New York Times: @joevol33 has been established as the single cause of planetary climate change!
Kriim — im joining the angry mob against nigel *lights...

YARN | Kill the monster! | Young Frankenstein (1974) | Video gifs by quotes  | 0d66e3f3 | 紗

Not the now, the Wednesday through Monday.

The now is too hot.
I can’t plant the remainder of the native gardens (at church) because it’s too freakin hot on transplants. So I get to go weed and do other site prep at 7 am on this dry south-facing hotter’n-hell site. Maybe by the end of the week

Cereally curious why so precise on saying 24?

@Souce Get to weatherin
I may not be a Grunt in the Army, but I've been in the field in the middle of winter enough.

And harkening back to my long distance running days (which pray are coming back), I was able to really dial that number in.

I may not be a Grunt in the Army, but I've been in the field in the middle of winter enough.

And harkening back to my long distance running days (which pray are coming back), I was able to really dial that number in.
I still enjoyed running at 24 degrees. Don’t remember the exact temp I would not run in, but 18 sounds right.

Reactions: volfanbill
Well, I’m a little bit older than you.

1996. Just threw out my shirt last month when packing up.
I started running late too, so there’s that. I was 15 when you ran yours and only wanted to run up and down the basketball court when I had to.

I'd take 50 at night and 80 for a high every damn day.
We should form a LLP, buy an old tea plantation in the highlands of Thailand where the overnight lows are never colder than the mid-50s, and the daytime highs are 70-80 year round.

Last edited:
Reactions: 82_VOL_83
real life conundrum...

is 76 with 97% humidity better to run in over 97 and 40%? or no?
I gotta say 97 and 49 would be worse, running in the 90s is not fun to me. I didn’t stop at the water stations, just grabbed a cup and spilled most of it, so that made it worse. In San Diego I drank so much water I had to stop at a johnny halfway through.

I’ve done some bike rides in the Napa mountains in high 90s, triple digits, that is not smart. And really not smart to do a wine tasting while biking home after a long mountain ride when it is 100+.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
I gotta say 97 and 49 would be worse, running in the 90s is not fun to me. I didn’t stop at the water stations, just grabbed a cup and spilled most of it, so that made it worse. In San Diego I drank so much water I had to stop at a johnny halfway through.

I’ve done some bike rides in the Napa mountains in high 90s, triple digits, that is not smart. And really not smart to do a wine tasting while biking home after a long mountain ride when it is 100+.
I think I agree, so I'm aiming to get up early tomorrow and run in the lower temp, higher humidity. It's not a long run anyway. I don't know how people properly for fall marathons. Unless they live in Montana, Wisconsin or Maine.

I ran the Shamrock Marathon in VA Beach one year and got the runner's sh**s right at the halfway point. Held it til I got to mile 14 at the rest station, but there were so many people waiting. Found a construction site about half a mile down with an unlocked johnny. Fortunately for me, they must've cleaned it right before they left for the week.

Reactions: NorCalVol67
I think I agree, so I'm aiming to get up early tomorrow and run in the lower temp, higher humidity. It's not a long run anyway. I don't know how people properly for fall marathons. Unless they live in Montana, Wisconsin or Maine.

I ran the Shamrock Marathon in VA Beach one year and got the runner's sh**s right at the halfway point. Held it til I got to mile 14 at the rest station, but there were so many people waiting. Found a construction site about half a mile down with an unlocked johnny. Fortunately for me, they must've cleaned it right before they left for the week.
There were some pretty freaking hot days training for DC, but I did a fair amount of running at night for that one.

Training in WY at 6200 feet for sea level San Diego was great, except for the days I was running in driving snow while all my friends were skiing powder.

Reactions: volfanbill

VN Store

Back