The Official Zone Severe Weather Thread

It was hurricane Ian in 22.

tl;Dr

Ian drastically changed the back bay and canals on his side of the island. Alot of sand was moved in and filled in the waterways so much that he can't get his boat out unless it's high tide. His house has flooded 4 times since Ian because of this problem. They (him and other residents of Sanibel) have tried to get the Corp of engineers to dredge it out, but they won't.

He's gonna sell but he bought the house next door after Ian pushed the owners out and hes remodeling it to sell. He's having a hard time with the contractor and he has to get it finished so he can list them both. But now has to remodel the downstairs of his house, not to mention the one next door if its been flooded. Which it probably has. He was hoping to be gone before this hurricane season. But every time he gets close, it floods again.

He's found another place in Punta Gorda but won't pull the trigger on it until he sells these other 2.

If it ain't one thing it's another.
also tl;dr
My cousin and her husband were in Port Charlotte for several years, then they moved to Punta Gorda and were on a canal, but a few storms later (and having to replace seawalls and as you say deposited sand) and they ended up getting another place off the water in PG. Yep, it's always somethin.

It was hurricane Ian in 22.

tl;Dr

Ian drastically changed the back bay and canals on his side of the island. Alot of sand was moved in and filled in the waterways so much that he can't get his boat out unless it's high tide. His house has flooded 4 times since Ian because of this problem. They (him and other residents of Sanibel) have tried to get the Corp of engineers to dredge it out, but they won't.

He's gonna sell but he bought the house next door after Ian pushed the owners out and hes remodeling it to sell. He's having a hard time with the contractor and he has to get it finished so he can list them both. But now has to remodel the downstairs of his house, not to mention the one next door if its been flooded. Which it probably has. He was hoping to be gone before this hurricane season. But every time he gets close, it floods again.

He's found another place in Punta Gorda but won't pull the trigger on it until he sells these other 2.

If it ain't one thing it's another.
Hope neither of you get much damage man.

@Behr .......you got you hatches battened down......Praying that you and everyone in Debbie's path stays safe 🙏. I also have a friend in Tampa and Brooksville. What area do you live in?

Reactions: Behr
Hope neither of you get much damage man.
Thanks. I'm good. He's not.

It's just a pain for him. After it's all over he'll say "it's just stuff and money. Everything else is good".

I just hate it for him because he's 81 years old and retired. He's "too old for this chit".

Reactions: joevol33

VN Store

Back