The Pittsburg Pirates and hope.

I was thinking more along the line of 3 years since the Pirates fire sale. Heck, my son is 4 already- I'm hoping we're decent before he has kids.

The Pittsburg Pirates seem to have it all, a storied tradition and a loyal fan base- but they've been terrible for quite some time. In fact, In the 2010 season- they went 57-105. The pirates famously traded away just about any useable body they had on the roster in order to build up the team slowly through the draft. They were convinced that over time they could turn things around. And they did. They're back in the playoffs.
Tennessee can do the same thing but it's going to take some time. There are going to be near misses, and some hilltops along the way. We should see progress over the next few years, but let's not kid ourselves into thinking that this thing is going to get changed around all at once.
A better analogy would be to compare us to the Pittsburgh Steelers.

They're 19th in average attendance this year

2013 MLB Attendance - Major League Baseball - ESPN

I cant believe Tampa had worse attendance than the Marlins...That's mind boggling and they are a play off team!...I hope the Marlins fans "what few there are" I am one by the way...Yes i'm loyal but refuse to support the ownership, Keep boycotting Jeffery Loria, He is a cancer to the MLB.

It didn't take Bama, Miami, FSU, or any other school with a tradition like ours 21 yeats to be relevant again. What makes you think it will take us that long? In 3 years we will be

I guess it depends on what you consider to be the point where we say we're "back". If you just mean competitive in the SEC, then yeah it could be as little as 3 years, but it could take much longer with the way the SEC is now (the little NFL). If you're talking about being in national championship contention, then I think it could easily take 21 years from the start of the downfall. There is no mandate that say UT must be back at the top and soon. Needless to say, we're at a VERY low point...one that none of us thought we'd ever see in our lifetimes. It's going to be a long, hard climb out of the hole.

Loyal fans? The most loyal fans in baseball are the Cubs fans. For god's sake they haven't won anything in over 100 years and yet they still keep coming back.

In the pro's its hands down the Browns fans. They haven't won a major championship in 50 years. The closest they got was the 80's and they would have gotten to the Super Bowl if it hadn't been for John Elway's legendary drive in the AFC Championship game to beat them.

VN Store

Back