The Problems with Trans-ideology

😂🤣 It was hilarious. The only reason I posted it was to give an example of a person you deem to be the epitome of “mental stability”. Lol. You must have those heels.
Even for you it shouldn't be difficult to understand that if you, for example, recently lost someone close to you and are depressed, and maybe don't look your best when going to the grocery store, some random influencer posting your picture online for a few thousand people to make fun of you is not a good thing.

The fact that you apparently passed these types of behaviors to your daughter might be the worst thing about you and that's saying something

Taking photos of unaware strangers committing no crimes and publishing them on the internet, while typically legal, is ****ed up.

Seriously, brother Marcus. Teens and 20 year olds are setting the societal standards? Come on now.

I said nothing of setting standards bud...just pointed out that this is completely normal and acceptable behavior to young people these days. Its ubiquitous. I am pretty consistent in my stance that the majority of social media is a cancer to society...and that its probably the worst invention in my lifetime to go mainstream.

"Pull out your phone and record it" is the 1st instinct of everyone my age and younger these days when they encounter anything interesting...and billions of things that are not. Like what they had for lunch. Or selfies.

Whichever jackass here is about to post " VN is social media..you're using it now." Please don't waste your time. If you cannot see the difference between a website about UT athletics that happens to allow forums with strict rules keeping them PG rated where folks can exchange ideas anonymously....and Tiktok, IG, Facebook etc then I am not going to explain it for you.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
You are wrong on this lol. Selfies are obviously completely fine. I know someone that used to post pictures of other women on Facebook to make fun of their outfits, and I'm sure she had friends that thought it was funny, but it's a terrible look and she's stopped doing it. There may be some 13-year-old girl that does the same thing because she's immature but this is not something that "everyone does" at all

"Selfies are completely fine."

I never said they were immoral or wrong. Selfies are harmless I think...They are definitely weird though. To point a camera at yourself and take pictures all the time is very weird. Thats why it wasnt commonplace until very recently...while cameras have existed for a couple hundred years. Its also vanity and self important behavior if we are being honest. What this world needs more of is definitely not people being more focused on themselves. In fact its the exact opposite of that . People being more concerned about the people around them.

Some of the greatest painters in history did self portaits or drew them. I get that. How many though? 1 maybe 2? Out of all the paintings they made. Even those may have actually been practice with portraits. While it was likely hard to convince someone else to sit painfully still for hours for a painting (especially if it wasnt theirs to keep) all they needed was a "looking glass" to be able to paint themselves. Nobody else would see the mistakes or imperfections as they honed their ability either.

So again I will say: I don't think theres anything more weird at all about the poster above taking a picture of a dude walking across a parking lot in 4inch pink heels that are absolutely ridiculous on a female much less a dude...compared to people taking selfies all the time. I dont see why your fake incredulity is warranted or necessary. Unless you think dude has some expectation of privacy...out in public walking across a parking lot? I am pretty sure an adult walking in public especially in broad daylight should have no expectation of privacy at all right? Me thinks the lady doth protest too much.

So again I will say: I don't think theres anything more weird at all about the poster above taking a picture of a dude walking across a parking lot in 4inch pink heels that are absolutely ridiculous on a female much less a dude...compared to people taking selfies all the time.
Yeah, and you're still wrong. Never seems to stop you.
I dont see why your fake incredulity is warranted or necessary. Unless you think dude has some expectation of privacy...out in public walking across a parking lot? I am pretty sure an adult walking in public especially in broad daylight should have no expectation of privacy at all right? Me thinks the lady doth protest too much.
You can scroll up and read my post almost immediately above yours if you're somehow still confused. How shocking that what you think is wrong again

So again I will say: I don't think theres anything more weird at all about the poster above taking a picture of a dude walking across a parking lot in 4inch pink heels that are absolutely ridiculous on a female much less a dude...compared to people taking selfies all the time.
There is such an incredibly obvious difference between posting a picture of your own face and posting a picture of a stranger online for ridicule without their consent. Plenty of young people would say the exact same thing. If y'all are hearing about this for the first time then I guess it's good that it's happening at all

Even for you it shouldn't be difficult to understand that if you, for example, recently lost someone close to you and are depressed, and maybe don't look your best when going to the grocery store, some random influencer posting your picture online for a few thousand people to make fun of you is not a good thing.

The fact that you apparently passed these types of behaviors to your daughter might be the worst thing about you and that's saying something

Lol. You do you. We have a sense of humor and find these people out of touch with reality kind of funny. There were a lot of people laughing and wondering what the hell it was. FYI there was nothing to pass along. Some people, to include my kids, have an innate sense of reality and normalcy.

A friend of mine posted a video one of these looney kids that had cat ears and a tail hopping around the other day. We laughed equally at that.

There is such an incredibly obvious difference between posting a picture of your own face and posting a picture of a stranger online for ridicule without their consent. Plenty of young people would say the exact same thing. If y'all are hearing about this for the first time then I guess it's good that it's happening at all
Should we go through your posts to see if there are any pictures of “good old boys” with a little belly showing or his “woman” showing a toothless smile?

Lol. You do you. We have a sense of humor and find these people out of touch with reality kind of funny. There were a lot of people laughing and wondering what the hell it was. FYI there was nothing to pass along. Some people, to include my kids, have an innate sense of reality and normalcy.

A friend of mine posted a video one of these looney kids that had cat ears and a tail hopping around the other day. We laughed equally at that.

Yeah. As if some dude walking across a parking lot in public has ANY expectation of privacy whatsoever? Lmao.

How dare you post a pic of him!!

I bet that dude was trying to stay lowkey and not have ANYONE notice him in those 4inch pink heels, bright pink backpack etc. Again ...nonsense.

Nash is consistently dead wrong about pretty much everything. Its mind numbing honestly.

Yeah. As if some dude walking across a parking lot in public has ANY expectation of privacy whatsoever? Lmao.

How dare you post a pic of him!!

I bet that dude was trying to stay lowkey and not have ANYONE notice him in those 4inch pink heels, bright pink backpack etc. Again ...nonsense.

Nash is consistently dead wrong about pretty much everything. It’s mind numbing honestly.
Shouldn’t have dressed that way if they didn’t want pictures of themselves on the Internet without their consent, right? That logic could definitely never go wrong. Your commitment is impressive

The legal principles here involve privacy and data protection. Privacy tends not to arise when you’re in a public place (though the rule is not quite that simple. Naomi Campbell won a breach of privacy case against the Daily Mirror for photos snapped as she entered a Narcotic Anonymous meeting – a public place, yes, but an occasion where it was reasonable to expect some privacy). But that is not the end of the matter, whatever the owners of “stranger shaming” sites might like to suggest.

Under Data Protection law, you have a right not to have your personal data collected, published or otherwise processed without your consent. This includes your image, and therefore covers photographs. There is an exemption to the Data Protection Acts for the purposes of art or journalism – otherwise, it’s hard to see how any kind of photo-journalism could exist – but a website devoted to ridiculing women (and only women, interestingly enough) who eat on public transport is unlikely to avail of this public interest defence.

Oh look, Marcus’s argument was a dumbass argument. Anyone shocked?

The power of the gaze​

Aside from the legalities, what is at issue here is power. Women, for example, often have more reason to feel vulnerable in public places than men do. To act otherwise and take unauthorised snaps at will is to abuse that vulnerability. Reams have been written about the power of the gaze, the imbalance between the viewer and the viewed. Most shared unauthorised images depend for their popularity on just this disparity. The attractive deriding the unattractive. Men leering at women’s bodies. The middle class sneering at the dress sense or social graces of the working class.
The issue is this – if you go around taking photos of people without their knowledge, you are being a creep. This is whether you have a pretentious justification for the practise, like this guy, or you are using the images for your private sexual gratification, like these guys.

In Europe, it’s illegal. In Japan, they made it so all cameras have shutter sounds so people can’t take pictures of random women for example without making a noise. In America we have the Creep Brigade circle jerking about how this is just an unavoidable part of public life lol

I appreciate this post because you immediately equate this person to someone that may be having one of the worst days in their life and that kind of sounds like something I would say. You know that it's a weirdo look. However, anyone who goes out in public to regular places dressed like that is screaming for attention. In fact, they'd probably love knowing someone took a pic of them.

I appreciate this post because you immediately equate this person to someone that may be having one of the worst days in their life and that kind of sounds like something I would say. You know that it's a weirdo look.
Foiled again by the English language

Foiled again by the English language
The example you used was not of someone in a wedding dress walking to a decorated vehicle or of a bunch of decked out hillbillies on their merry way to a hoedown. The example, that you first came up with regarding the photo in question was to think of someone down on their luck having a very bad day. Thus in your head, that's what you equated the picture to with no stipulation.

As I've said before, I'm here to help you.

The example you used was not of someone in a wedding dress walking to a decorated vehicle or of a bunch of decked out hillbillies on their merry way to a hoedown. The example, that you first came up with regarding the photo in question was to think of someone down on their luck having a very bad day. Thus in your head, that's what you equated the picture to with no stipulation.

As I've said before, I'm here to help you.
It's not an equation at all, and was in fact an intentionally extreme example. Please stop wasting our time being stupid

Sigh. You had an initial negative reaction to it instead of something positive.

I'm proud of you for it.
I was expressing that posting pictures of strangers is a creepy and negative practice, using a "positive" example would make no sense. Another one of those times you should really quit while you're behind

I was expressing that posting pictures of strangers is a creepy and negative practice, using a "positive" example would make no sense. Another one of those times you should really quit while you're behind
You can't go back on it, we both know what happened. You let out a little glimmer of hope that there's a rational, decent, sane person to you. You've regressed of course. But there is still hope for you.

You can't go back on it, we both know what happened. You let out a little glimmer of hope that there's a rational, decent, sane person to you. You've regressed of course. But there is still hope for you.
We both see the words, yes. You keep showing that you are too stupid to comprehend them. Looking forward to your next self-own

VN Store

Back