The Rock/Metal Thread

Anyone going to see Megadeath and Mudvane this summer in Nashville?
Marilyn Manson and Five Finger Death Punch are coming to Nashville as well.................

Haven't listened to this band for a while, but they make me feel nostalgic anymore.

'Was I left behind?
Someone tell me, tell me I survived
And don't look so surprised that I'm home, but just for tonight
With rough hands, and sore eyes
So don't speak; I am tired
Let's just live through this lie'

People can say whatever they want about KISS but for me, no other band was ever as impactful, especially in 1977! I saw them in concert on this same tour just a few days after this show and I can confirm that it was amazing!

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
People can say whatever they want about KISS but for me, no other band was ever as impactful, especially in 1977! I saw them in concert on this same tour just a few days after this show and I can confirm that it was amazing!

What Kiss lacked in musical talent they made up for in stage show. I saw them and Ted Nugent in Thompson. Fantastic concert. Paul Stanley still had a great voice....at least in the early 2000's.

What Kiss lacked in musical talent they made up for in stage show. I saw them and Ted Nugent in Thompson. Fantastic concert. Paul Stanley still had a great voice....at least in the early 2000's.
Here's the thing, for all the talk about KISS' lack of musicianship, as someone who plays guitar myself, KISS songs are FUN to play! Complex? Not really. All you need to know are basic chord shapes and a decent working knowledge of the pentatonic scale. But as a player, KISS and AC/DC songs are some of my favorites to play! They just rock!

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Here's the thing, for all the talk about KISS' lack of musicianship, as someone who plays guitar myself, KISS songs are FUN to play! Complex? Not really. All you need to know are basic chord shapes and a decent working knowledge of the pentatonic scale. But as a player, KISS and AC/DC songs are some of my favorites to play! They just rock!
You're not wrong. I am a A minor pentatonic player myself for the most part. That why I have always loved playing a lot of Led Zeppelin tunes and such. It doesn't have to be fancy (See the Ramones), it just needs to sound good.

So sad to hear that about Jack Russell. I always liked Great White. I still have their album "Once Bitten" on vinyl and spin it from time time. Their Led Zeppelin tribute album is fantastic too!

Reactions: HollowaytoSeivers

VN Store

Back