The SEC championship 2008

PowerT83

Somewhat sober
Is not coming down to triple OT against Kentucky this year to figure out who is in the game. The two most hated teams for Vol fans.

Bama vs Florida

Ill go ahead and say it im for Alabama, just so I can see them get beat in the NC title game....hopefully in the same manner tOSU has been handled

As long as Alabama doesnt get any injuries on the offensive line, they are gonna line up and run all over Florida.

Is not coming down to triple OT against Kentucky this year to figure out who is in the game. The two most hated teams for Vol fans.

Bama vs Florida

Ill go ahead and say it im for Alabama, just so I can see them get beat in the NC title game....hopefully in the same manner tOSU has been handled

As long as Alabama doesnt get any injuries on the offensive line, they are gonna line up and run all over Florida.

I'd rather see UF demolish them by about 30 points and then they lose against whoever they play in a bowl by about 30 points. That'll bring those bammers back down to earth.

Matchup vs. Matchup, I like our chances and speed. If it becomes a shootout, we win hands down. If it is a low scoring grind it out game, it could come down to the wire.

Matchup vs. Matchup, I like our chances and speed. If it becomes a shootout, we win hands down. If it is a low scoring grind it out game, it could come down to the wire.
be very wary. Alabama is built for the grind it out.

Florida has played a number of teams this year with the grind it out mentality and game plan. It worked once, but since then Florida has come out on special teams and a few big offensive series and put the opposition so far behind that the game has opened up.

Florida has played a number of teams this year with the grind it out mentality and game plan. It worked once, but since then Florida has come out on special teams and a few big offensive series and put the opposition so far behind that the game has opened up.
which teams and which ones didn't suck?

I dont think anybody in the Florida secondary can matchup with Julio Jones.
Nobody in the country, with the exception of Eric Berry, can match up with Julio. I will take my chances with John Parker Wilson all day. We stop the big run game, we win big.

Last edited:
I dont think anybody in the Florida secondary can matchup with Julio Jones.
And for what it's worth, we matched up against AJ Green who leads the SEC in receiving yards a game and is higher than Julio Jones in receptions a game and receiving yards a game. I don't think the match-up with Julio Jones will make us or break us. We stop the run game, we win big.

I dont think it will be a blowout at all, but there is still alot of football to be played between now and then

I just think Florida will be too much for Bama to handle.

The Tahd has taken advantage of a much weaker SEC this year. Make no mistake, they deserve credit, because regardless of whether the conference as a whole is down or not, they have turned it around completely from 2007. But they would have lost to LSU if the Tigers had even decent quarterback play. They almost lost to Kentucky at home. They almost lost to Ole Miss at home.

And yes, I know, almost doesn't count, but what Florida did to Kentucky, LSU, and Georgia is impressive.

Alabama is much improved, but they're going to be up against the cream of the crop when it comes to Atlanta.

I think LSU and Ole Miss fit that. I'd put UT there, except for the not sucking part.
all 3 of those teams suck. I'm not afraid to lump UT in there. LSU has no QB and there D isn't anywhere near what it was expected to be. They are a tick better than UT, but not enough to leave the sucks category.

Nobody in the country, with the exception of Eric Berry, can match up with Julio. I will take my chances with John Parker Wilson all day. We stop the big run game, we win big.

Did Eric Berry stop Julio during their matchup? NO Jones had 7 catches for 120 yards I believe, SO no Eric Berry didn't stop Julio Jones.

VN Store

Back