The Swamp...

ClearwaterVol

All of Congress needs to figure out how to work with Trump and stop whining about him. I dislike Trump intensely, but these jack wagons are spending all of their time trying to get rid of him and I think Trump is far more unpredictable when cornered. I would prefer some progress rather than four wasted years.

As an observation, I don't think democrats have really thought through what getting rid of Trump means. Pence is far more concerning if social issues are important to you. If they think Gorsuch is far right, just wait. Pence would nominate Tom Moore or Priscilla Owen.

Reactions: 2 people
I agree. What’s ironic is that Trump really isn’t that much of a conservative and probably shares many ideas with the Dems. But it’s not just the Dems that are causing the problems. McCain will block everything he can if it hurts Trump. I hope McCain’s time is up soon. He’s a garbage human being and a great example of a corrupt politician.

As I stated in another thread, he's the first "Independent" candidate we've had in the WH since the GOP and DNC got control of the political process. And furthermore, those two parties are scared ****less he's upsetting the apple cart and exposing their flaws.

You are correct, though. If they spent as much time actually dealing with each other as they did opposing everything he brought up, we'd be far better off. But that would also expose them to having to own their bad policies they've passed the previous 30+ years. And that just won't do...

As I stated in another thread, he's the first "Independent" candidate we've had in the WH since the GOP and DNC got control of the political process. And furthermore, those two parties are scared ****less he's upsetting the apple cart and exposing their flaws.

You are correct, though. If they spent as much time actually dealing with each other as they did opposing everything he brought up, we'd be far better off. But that would also expose them to having to own their bad policies they've passed the previous 30+ years. And that just won't do...

I don't view him as an independent, but that is neither here nor there. The thing I don't believe that anyone understands is that he doesn't really have any sacred cows. Dems could go in and negotiate healthcare in exchange for Trump reversing some of his EPA rollbacks or whatever issue they deemed important. Congress needs to start horse trading with him.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't view him as an independent, but that is neither here nor there. The thing I don't believe that anyone understands is that he doesn't really have any sacred cows. Dems could go in and negotiate healthcare in exchange for Trump reversing some of his EPA rollbacks or whatever issue they deemed important. Congress needs to start horse trading with him.

I view him as an independent mainly because of the "sacred cow" issues. When you have a Congress full of both parties that obstruct his ideas, whether or not they have good intentions, that means you have a political outsider in the mix that's not beholden to either party.

In truth, I'm very happy he's exposing the fraudulent behavior of the sitting parties. I don't believe in everything he stands for, but at the same time, we are well past the point of any sitting President rubber stamping any bill just because it happens to have an (R) or (D) endorsement on it.

I agree. What’s ironic is that Trump really isn’t that much of a conservative and probably shares many ideas with the Dems. But it’s not just the Dems that are causing the problems. McCain will block everything he can if it hurts Trump. I hope McCain’s time is up soon. He’s a garbage human being and a great example of a corrupt politician.

John McCain is an American hero. His dumps have more character than Trump.

:thumbsup:

Reactions: 4 people

I think McCain is a true hero.

But...

It's time he moved on and he's the epitome of the Washington problem of people being in Congress way, way, way too long.

ETA: Provided, he's not the only person I count as the epitome.

I think McCain is a true hero.

But...

It's time he moved on and he's the epitome of the Washington problem of people being in Congress way, way, way too long.

ETA: Provided, he's not the only person I count as the epitome.

The epitome? I'd argue that voting down party lines is the problem. At least he has the guts to vote for what he believes in.

Term limits are the only solution to this sht show.

The epitome? I'd argue that voting down party lines is the problem. At least he has the guts to vote for what he believes in.

Vote for what he believes in? Really? He's spent a career voting down party lines. Yet when Trump becomes President, suddenly he's "voting for what he believes in"?

Name me one significant piece of legislation he's voted against prior to Trump taking the Oath of Office that went against party lines.

Congress doesn't need to work with Trump, they need to leave D.C. or get bulldozed to the ground. These leaches need to go.

McCain is nothing but a warmonger with fake teeth, if his own house was the only one left standing -- he would want the military to bomb it. He's an arsonist but instead of fire he uses bombs.

Reactions: 2 people

This. The politicians need to work together. The Republicans who have been in office for the past 8 or so years are incapable of doing that.

Vote for what he believes in? Really? He's spent a career voting down party lines. Yet when Trump becomes President, suddenly he's "voting for what he believes in"?

Name me one significant piece of legislation he's voted against prior to Trump taking the Oath of Office that went against party lines.

You're assumption that his vote was just to smack trump in the face is just as plausible as him doing it because he believed the bills were shtty.

He's voted against his party 12 times since January, which is ~7%. The average republican has voted against the party at just ~3% of the time. I'd argue that's statistically significant difference.

He's voted against his party 12 times since January, which is ~7%. The average republican has voted against the party at just ~3% of the time. I'd argue that's statistically significant difference.

Don't avoid the question.

Before Trump was Inaugurated, how many times did he vote against party lines on significant legislation? I'm not talking about voting against building a new post office in Podunk, Iowa or against "Ferret Appreciation Day."

I'm talking significant legislation that affects the lives of the majority of the country he's opposed since prior to January 2017.

And you brought up the fact he's "voting for what he believes in" instead of party affiliation.

So, put your money where your mouth is.

And you brought up the fact he's "voting for what he believes in" instead of party affiliation.

So, put your money where your mouth is.

I gleaned those voting statistics that were readily available. I admit I'm not a McCain voting expert and if you want to know the what, when's and where's - you go do the math.

That said, it's as likely he believed the ACA repeal bill(s) was just sht legislation as it was a middle finger to trump. Perhaps both, we'll never know. :salute:

No he’s not. Using that same logic Timothy McVeigh is also an American hero because he served during the Gulf War.

Was. Hasn't been in decades.

So his decades of service in the military and congress are now now washed away because he voted the ACA down?

Fairweather friends you bunch.

Wager all the folks shting on him now voted for the Maverick for potus not long ago.

No he’s not. Using that same logic Timothy McVeigh is also an American hero because he served during the Gulf War.

wtf "logic" are you applying to compare and equate McCain and McVeigh?

Are you high?

The same stupid logic you used.

You literally just cited a statement that made no declaration other than he was an American Hero who'/s dumps had more character than trump.

My suggestion is you sober up before your next attempt.

You literally just cited a statement that made no declaration other than he was an American Hero who'/s dumps had more character than trump.

My suggestion is you sober up before your next attempt.

You declared him an American hero because he served, right? What other justification would you have used to decree him a hero? And I’m pointing out (using that same logic) that just because someone served doesn’t make them a hero.

McCain votes the way he is paid to vote. He’s far from being a shining light of virtue.

So his decades of service in the military and congress are now now washed away because he voted the ACA down?

Fairweather friends you bunch.

Wager all the folks shting on him now voted for the Maverick for potus not long ago.

Serving in congress does not a hero make. His military service is questionable at best, if not for his dad he would have been washed out of the academy and definitely flight school.

There is a reason many of the former prisoners in Hanoi have nothing to do with him.

]You declared him an American hero because he served, right?[/B] What other justification would you have used to decree him a hero? And I’m pointing out (using that same logic) that just because someone served doesn’t make them a hero.

I didn't say that, this is clearly an argument that you've preconceived in your own oxygen deprived noggin.

Do you not see the irony of you calls of illogical beliefs when you're in fact the one making points against arguments that hadn't been made?

VN Store

Back