The temporary Vols baseball thread 2024 till Mexico gets through saving the world and can do the important VN work.

EgZjaHJvbWUqDAgBEC4YQxiABBiKBTIGCAAQRRg5MgwIARAuGEMYgAQYigUyDwgCEC4YQxjUAhiABBiKBTIQCAMQLhiDARixAxiABBiKBTIMCAQQABhDGIAEGIoFMgcIBRAAGIAEMgcIBhAuGIAEMhAIBxAAGIMBGLEDGIAEGIoFMgcICBAuGIAEMgcICRAAGI8C0gEKMTMzMzNqMGoxNagCCLACAQ

We need to install a breathalyzer for you before you post as well....

Reactions: malinoisvol
The money/equity comp setup wasnt enough to make the move. I'd love to say I had a better reason but I dont....
My move from the Bay Area to Miami was great financially, this was before Miami real estate blew up.

I think my move to NY is pretty close to equal. Probably a little better with the pay increase and the fact I am paying a little less in rent. But my bar tabs are eating that up since I don’t know every bartender within walking distance.

My move from the Bay Area to Miami was great financially, this was before Miami real estate blew up.

I think my move to NY is pretty close to equal. Probably a little better with the pay increase and the fact I am paying a little less in rent. But my bar tabs are eating that up since I don’t know every bartender within walking distance.

Ultimately made right financial call staying in Memphis. Did turn down chance to move to Charlotte area.

Reactions: ArdentVol
Yeah, Seattle’s economy is quite good. I like that good for nothing radical POS city Portland more, but Seattle is alright.

I hate hate.
We really liked Portland while we were there (streetcars!!!) but I’ve gotta admit that the near-endless rain would drive me insane pretty quickly. 💧☔💧

Reactions: ArdentVol
We really liked Portland while we were there (streetcars!!!) but I’ve gotta admit that the near-endless rain would drive me insane pretty quickly. 💧☔💧
They do not want you to know that it does not rain all the time.

When the sun is out in Portland and Seattle, they are beautiful cities.

If you ignore the needles n Portland.

I spent a few weeks in Portland visiting my brother in 1980. It rains 227+ days a year, mostly light rain, what we call drizzle in the Southeast. People walk around in it, heads held high. People drive the speed limit. I thought it was cultural, but tickets there carry hefty fines ($500+ in 1980!). During my time there, the hottest new restaurant downtown was a fancy delicatessen run by two New Yorkers. The schtick that fascinated locals was their brashness, agitation, and impatience. People went there for verbal abuse as much as the food.

I spent a few weeks in Portland visiting my brother in 1980. It rains 227+ days a year, mostly light rain, what we call drizzle in the Southeast. People walk around in it, heads held high. People drive the speed limit. I thought it was cultural, but tickets there carry hefty fines ($500+ in 1980!). During my time there, the hottest new restaurant downtown was a fancy delicatessen run by two New Yorkers. The schtick that fascinated locals was their brashness, agitation, and impatience. People went there for verbal abuse as much as the food.
It has not changed at all since 1980.

VN Store

Back