The Vols must have a QB with Strong Attributes

The old avi is gone forever. It dawned on me that I started using it in 2005. Clearly it has been the reason for our troubles and is now vanquished.

It takes a big man to accept responsibility. You're a good man GA.

The observations , speculations, and assumptions continue. We may see the platoon system and I'm luving every minute of the "controversy". Keeps things interesting. :dunno:

We've had QB's good enough to beat the likes

KY (with a WR for QB)
LSU (without extra men)
Etc.

If we'd have had the full team and coaching to go with it.

It is a team sport and poor coaching, and discipline went a long way towards derailing us.

We wouldn't care as much about pedestrian QB play if the rest was shored up.

How many deep passes have you seen UGA's Aaron Murray miss on? Yet that guy is about to break the SEC and however many UGA records. Reason being is he has had a running game and mostly solid D.

Last edited:
For a few years, since Clausen was here, we had trouble attracting or keeping a QB recruit at all. Casey Kelly played baseball, Josh Nunes decommitted after his disastrous official visit. Kiffin ran Boyd away. At the time it seemed like we were never going to have interest from quality QBs.

I know it all starts with the coach but imo UT has not had a top qb capable since Casey Clausen. Other words stick them on the winners of the BCS over the last ten or so years they don't win. Fair to say?

If Tyler bray had played on a team that had a defense like the ones clausen's teams had he would be referred to as the second coming of Peyton manning. Clausen's was a very average qb surrounded by a tremendously talented team. Bray was better than clausen any day of the week. Ainge was better than clausen with the exception of his sophomore year.

Reactions: 2 people
Josh Nunes decommitted after his disastrous official visit.

Or because he got into Stanford.

Nothing against UT, but its no Stanford.

If you have the IQ to attend Stanford and then they let you come for free to play fball then you go.

Let the berating begin.

Boyd was the real boneheaded recruiting mistake.

VN Store

Back