The What If Thread

Which teams do we lose to if Dooley is still head coach?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Unknown Muppet

From Unknown Locations
Since Butch gets it and all, most of the fan-base seems to believe we will win or be in all the games against lower tier opponents. However, it does seems some of you outliers out there have some qualms about whether we will be able to beat teams like WKU.

This got me to thinking, what if we still had the guy that didn't get it - Dooley. If he were still in place, what would most of you think would be our final record?

In tracking this, I thought a poll was in order. Pick out the worst team that you think this team (117) would lose to if we still had the abomination as a coach. Would we lose to Austin Peay, South Alabama, Kentucky, Western Kentucky, Auburn, Missouri, or Vanderbilt (in order of the difficulty of teams).

**NOTE** I do not include Oregon, Florida, Georgia, Alabama, or South Carolina as these would be big time upsets with either coach still on the sidelines.

**NOTE 2** Please participate only if you wish to participate in this what if scenario. We all now he is not here and I don't need a "stupid thread is stupid" post.

**NOTE 3** GO VOLS!

Reactions: 2 people
I voted Barn and Candy, but we could still possibly lose either of these with bUTch. Thankfully Candy is later in the season because right now, they looked better than we did offensively.

Honestly? Vanderbilt, Mizzou, Auburn and Western KY. The others I think the team could beat without a coach - assuming they don't quit on their teammates.

We beat Oregon and Florida in back-to-back weeks on the road by one field goal each, and Palardy's Heisman campaign is off to the races.

Reactions: 4 people
He's posing a question. I've never understood why people who think a thread is "stupid" are so adamant on posting in it.

derp.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
I think if Dooley were still here, Bray, CP and Hunter all would've stayed. Our offense could be scary good.

Reactions: 2 people
The people who think we would have lost to AP with Dooley here are certifiable.

What is the purpose of this post?
What if's don't make any sense.

It appears to have no purpose. Perhaps other than to tell us that what ifs don't make any sense.

What if we were incapable of asking what if? We would never have invented the steam engine! Football would cease to exist. The computer you typed that purposeless post would certainly have never been created!

Another what if: If Dooley is here and UK starts a WR at QB, is it even a yes or no question if we lose to them? I think without a doubt we do.

VN Store

Back