The WOW offense....

Gerald can throw the ball really really well.. He had a few schools offer him as a QB... And unless those guys ran a 4.3 on accutrack then I dont believe it...

when has Tennessee or Cutcliff actually created a set of plays for one player ,in this case a true freshman, that they have ACTUALLY USED more than 3 to 4 times in a complete season?

i know you want to be optimistic however history dictates otherwise.

when has Tennessee or Cutcliff actually created a set of plays for one player ,in this case a true freshman, that they have ACTUALLY USED more than 3 to 4 times in a complete season?

Very true

when have we ever had a recruiting class with this many playmakers?

I'm having horrible flashbacks to Eric Locke lining up at QB.

Banks was supposed to have a set of plays for him also... that went well.
But we have never had this many playmakers though

I big to differ. Go back to your history books. Tennessee was known as wide receiver U for years.

When did UT under Cut ever have Eric Berry or Gerald Jones? Also, before this year, how many times did you see the mustang offense? Cutcliffe saw the benefits of these types of offenses(Arky's mustang and UF's spread with Harvin) so I wouldn't be surprised to see it some.

That it what Cut showed Gerald on the in-home now whether he uses it with gerald, thats the ?.. He seemed like a pretty intelligent man and I know that he is one of the most respected OC's, so I think he will... They will win more ballgames with this kind of versatility...

Heath on had 2 problems and it cost him a pro career.
1. Norv Turner
2. Heath couldn't read defenses
Not to mention he had a career ending foot injury before he had a chance to be like Kerry Collins or better. His heel injury was a freak if I understand right that basically destroyed the bone.

Heath is one guy that definitely didn't help himself coming out early with regard to reading defenses et al.

BTW, I like the idea except that I'd line GJ and Berry up in the backfield with Coker. Any sweep involving the two QB's could turn into a pass. Wish one of them was left handed.

How does Jones throw rolling left?

I think you guys are going a little crazy on the forward pass thing. We all know that the forward pass is only there for situations where it is 3rd and 8 or more. 3rd and 7 or less. I like up the middle runs. Especially in a power I set to the right with motion to the right and our Center calling blocking audibles to the right.

I posted something like this a week or so ago, but now that we know who we got, here is my WOW offense for a year from now....

QB-Eric Berry(sub 4.4 speed)
RB-LaMarcus Coker(sub 4.4 speed)
Slot-Gerald Jones(4.4 or sub 4.4 speed?)
Slot-Kenny O'Neal(reported sub 4.3 speed)
Flanker-Brent Vinson(sub 4.4 speed)
Flanker-Ahmad Paige(4.4 speed)
LT-Chris Scott
LG-Vlad Richard
C-Josh McNeil
RG-Jacques McLendon
RT-Ramone Johnson

WOW

There's a real opportunity for an OC to get really creative with the offense with that much speed. I hope Cutcliffe and Fulmer go in with an open mind, instead of trying to form these players around their offense, form an offense that takes advantage of this much speed.

I think you guys are going a little crazy on the forward pass thing. We all know that the forward pass is only there for situations where it is 3rd and 8 or more. 3rd and 7 or less. I like up the middle runs. Especially in a power I set to the right with motion to the right and our Center calling blocking audibles to the right.

Execution is the name of the game. Its not these new-fangled offenses with their crazy schemes that wins games.

Run that ball up the middle when everyone in the stadium knows your gonna to run there, and still do it. Cause they can't stop you. Because of your execution. That's getting it done.

Otherwise you just work like heck to execute better. 8 plays thats all UT needs.

That it what Cut showed Gerald on the in-home now whether he uses it with gerald, thats the ?.. He seemed like a pretty intelligent man and I know that he is one of the most respected OC's, so I think he will... They will win more ballgames with this kind of versatility...

are we getting into the nasty again:p

Don't get too crazy over these freshmen. They are talented on the HS level. They are about to enter a whole new level of competition. Most of these kids will soil themselves when the run out through the T on Sept 8.

Let's get these guys into class first, then on the practice field, then into games in spots. The postential is incredible, but I don't want to get too far ahead here. Mentioning Mustang packages is just crazy talk.

Heath on had 2 problems and it cost him a pro career.
1. Norv Turner
2. Heath couldn't read defenses

I had a Troop Commander in Korea who had kin in the Titan's scouting department, and other places in the league since the early 90's..from what he says,the knock on Heath Shuler was that with the complexities of the playbook in the NFL, and the variety of Defenses, he just couldn't analyze and execute fast enough to be successful.

VN Store

Back