Theme Park experiences

Iron Qwazi @ Busch Gardens
We were able to ride it at night before the park closed and it is such a better ride at night when you can't see the twists and turns coming in the dark. Warning though if BG is having fireworks the ride closes half an hour prior to fireworks and doesn't start until 30 hour after fireworks are over. We actually got on the ride at 5 minutes after the park closed. It's a Cedar Point quality ride. Also, make sure to do Serengety flyer swing ride. If you like rides where you lose stomach and experience gravity this is for you.

Last edited:
I’ve seen some positive Legoland reviews, but that wasn’t my experience. There were two rides we were really excited about, and both were broken on the day we visited.

In true grown-up form, my favorite park is Epcot. It’s got fun rides, and then I could spend a whole day in the World Showcase.

Reactions: davethevol
Heading over to SeaWorld in Orlando to redeem my Free Vets Coupon. We've lived here in Tampa for 13 years but never went to SeaWorld. Any advice is welcomed. Rough plan watch shows early and hit rides mid day and any show we wanted to see but missed hit in afternoon. Gonna get the all day dining wristband like we do at BG. Where are best places to eat on the wristband? Thanks in advance. @DrRosenRosen

Last edited:
Typically SeaWorld Orlando rides don't hold long lines (Sesame Street area can be an exception). Manta is usually running at park open. Hit it early since it will keep a line for much of the day due to location. They often hold the back half of the park for another half hour or so. I believe they have 3 shows now (Sea Lion, Orcas, Dolphins) and all are worth catching. Show up 15-20 minutes if it's a Saturday and busy. The Sea Lion show usually has a mime for 10-15 minutes before the show starts. He's usually pretty funny and worth showing up early for. I've never had trouble doing all shows and rides multiple times unless bad weather moves in. Adjust your arrival time to shows by the crowds. If it's crazy busy, arrive super early.

Problem with all day dining here are lines. On crowded days, you'll spend a good amount of time in line. Slow days you risk many places being closed. I used to always recommend the daily dining but prices have really increased lately. Smokehouse sampler was always a go to for me and the wife. Tons of food. The dining place in the arctic section is usually pretty quick and has asian food, pizzas, and something else, I believe.

Everyone loves Pipeline. Mako is top tier. Manta is great. Ice Breaker is not my favorite but better now that they've modified the restraints (same trains as Tigris but they removed the 2 collar straps).

SeaWorld is one of America's best parks. Hope you have a good visit.

If you want to ride something crazy hit up the Orlando Starflyer after SW. Those swings are nuts and scare me to death. Only done them once myself.

Last edited:
Typically SeaWorld Orlando rides don't hold long lines (Sesame Street area can be an exception). Manta is usually running at park open. Hit it early since it will keep a line for much of the day due to location. They often hold the back half of the park for another half hour or so. I believe they have 3 shows now (Sea Lion, Orcas, Dolphins) and all are worth catching. Show up 15-20 minutes if it's a Saturday and busy. The Sea Lion show usually has a mime for 10-15 minutes before the show starts. He's usually pretty funny and worth showing up early for. I've never had trouble doing all shows and rides multiple times unless bad weather moves in. Adjust your arrival time to shows by the crowds. If it's crazy busy, arrive super early.

Problem with all day dining here are lines. On crowded days, you'll spend a good amount of time in line. Slow days you risk many places being closed. I used to always recommend the daily dining but prices have really increased lately. Smokehouse sampler was always a go to for me and the wife. Tons of food. The dining place in the arctic section is usually pretty quick and has asian food, pizzas, and something else, I believe.

Everyone loves Pipeline. Mako is top tier. Manta is great. Ice Breaker is not my favorite but better now that they've modified the restraints (same trains as Tigris but they removed the 2 collar straps).

SeaWorld is one of America's best parks. Hope you have a good visit.

If you want to ride something crazy hit up the Orlando Starflyer after SW. Those swings are nuts and scare me to death. Only done them once myself.
Thanks. We are heading over Friday and then going to use old Disney passes from about 18 years ago that we found when we moved. I bought the no expiration option and they are still honoring it. Went over to Epcot and Magic Kingdom in the fall with friends visiting from k'ville and still have 2 more days to use up.

I still miss Opryland.
Amen to that. Worked as a musician there in '75, then later we had season passes; our son grew up there in many ways. Music, rides & wonderful summer employment opportunities for young folks. Still angry that Gaylord shut it down; refuse to set foot on "SHOPryland" property nowadays.

Attachments

• Opryland 1975.jpg
    Opryland 1975.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: JustFunnN'Orange
ive never been here. Is it any good?
I haven’t been in decades. But it was a core memory of my childhood and teenage years. I will leave recent reports to those who have been there recently. I will say that the old school wooden roller coaster was a lot of fun

ive never been here. Is it any good?
You'll enjoy it if you have low expectations. I haven't been in years, but it has big nostalgic value for me. It's more like carnival rides than a true amusement park. I think some of the classic rides (like the Genie) are gone but the Cannonball (the old wooden roller coaster) is still there.

They have a water park there too now called SoakYa that I have heard from parents of kids who are older than mine (7-9 years old) is pretty good.

I went to Legoland in Orlando a few weeks ago. Had a great time. I definitely recommend it for people who have kids, or for people who still love Legos. They have quite a few rides, and tons of amazing, huge lego displays of cities around the world. The food is really good too. We had an excellent family style meal at the hotel, and ate a small taco stand called "Tacos Everyday" that was also really good. We bought a couple of Harry Potter lego sets on our way out.

Reactions: DrRosenRosen
Since this thread was bumped, I'll mention that Cedar Fair (Kings Island, Cedar Point, Carowinds, etc) and Six Flags announced a merger this week. Everything combined. 27 amusement parks and 15 water parks all under the same company now. Doesn't excite me as a consumer to have less competition.

Reactions: tntar heel

VN Store

Back