Thig'

I must be the only one not getting the whole avatar pic. What is so bad about Condredge Holloway. From what I understand he was the 1st black QB. What did he do to make VOL fans not like him?

Serious? I mean do you only know jack **** about UT recruiting under Fulmer?

Dude people knew who fulmer was all across the country.....all he had to do was show up to spark interest....thats why he had the #6 recruiting class when he got canned. Aside from my own opinion, ive talked to quite a few fans from different states who are fans of quite a few different teams and they all say we were stupid for firing Fulmer. He was an extremely respected coach and being a fan that is in his early 20's, I can tell u that I wouldve loved to play for Fulmer.

With all that aside, I think CBJ has what it takes and im legitimately excited about the Vols again....not just hopeful

Dude people knew who fulmer was all across the country.....all he had to do was show up to spark interest....thats why he had the #6 recruiting class when he got canned. Aside from my own opinion, ive talked to quite a few fans from different states who are fans of quite a few different teams and they all say we were stupid for firing Fulmer. He was an extremely respected coach and being a fan that is in his early 20's, I can tell u that I wouldve loved to play for Fulmer.

With all that aside, I think CBJ has what it takes and im legitimately excited about the Vols again....not just hopeful

I guess you're right - at least about Fulmer when recruiting. Remember that scene in the movie, "The Blind Side," when Phil shows up and all the other SEC coaches start groaning because they know he's been kicking their bums on the recruiting trail?:yes:

Reactions: 2 people
Yep, thought that, too. For several years he was called the "closer," among other things. Closing the deal usually in the parents home.

His demise started in the 2001 SECCG. If he wins, we play Miami for the NC in the Rose Bowl. How in Allah's name do you not get your team fired up to play? They weren't. I was there. Plus we take out the starting QB and RB....and LSU (who we already beat in the regular season) beat us. The demise started in 2001. He made approx. $10M+ from that time until he was fired. He earned $6M more afterwards. Thanks coach, but time to move on.

VN Store

Back