Thinking about the orange blazer

Brave Volunteer

After watching Jaques Smith yesterday wearing his orange blazer, I think a really cool idea would be for Coach Jones to start a tradition where every player, when leaving the program whether it be due to graduation or due to early NFL draft, receive a "VFL" orange blazer as a keepsake and perhaps wear when they come back to visit, kind of like the green Masters jacket.

Reactions: 7 people
VIOLATION!!!!

I don't know if that is true, but I wouldn't be surprised. I like the idea in theory, idk about orange blazers though.

All I know is that I every time I see orange pants I'm going to think of the idiot. He ruined them for me.

I like the orange jacket idea.

VIOLATION!!!!

I don't know if that is true, but I wouldn't be surprised. I like the idea in theory, idk about orange blazers though.

Not if it's given to them AFTER they graduate or leave. If they are no longer enrolled, how is it a violation?

i think it is actually a great idea. this gives some sense of ritual to the fraternal order of playing at the university of tennessee upon leaving and would not be considered a violation.

Reactions: 1 person
i think it is actually a great idea. this gives some sense of ritual to the fraternal order of playing at the university of tennessee upon leaving and would not be considered a violation.

Exactly! I think an orange blazer with some kind of nice embroidered power T and "VFL" crest on the lapel would be awesome!

Looking at the graduation rates, there won't be too many jackets going out.

J/k. Hope Butch changes it.

Orange blazers should be reserved for Pentasostal preachers.

Disagree!! Bruce Pearl looked awesome in the orange blazer and so did Jacques Smith yesterday!

No one looks good in a green blazer either but it works for The Masters. An orange "VFL" blazer reserved for all former players would rock!

After watching Jaques Smith yesterday wearing his orange blazer, I think a really cool idea would be for Coach Jones to start a tradition where every player, when leaving the program whether it be due to graduation or due to early NFL draft, receive a "VFL" orange blazer as a keepsake and perhaps wear when they come back to visit, kind of like the green Masters jacket.

I like it

The high school I used to coach basketball at (colors orange & white) had a tradition where the basketball players wore orange blazers on game days and to the game. It was pretty cool.

I can imagine seeing all of them come down Peyton Manning in the walk, in orange blazers, RockyTop blaring.. now that would be total electricity... anyone else remember when ole douchebag had them wear those solid black adidas (I think that was the brand) running suits? I loathed that look.... add some spark, Butch.... let's get this long awaited football party started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

GO VOLS.
GO BIG ORANGE .. :rock:

Last edited:
i like it, altho many blue hairs won't.

i think it should be reserved for those that graduate, though.

th

No, you don't want to isolate former players that way. If players are good enough to leave early and go play in the league and make millions, who is anyone to begrudge that? They're still VFL's and could end up being amazing ambassadors for the program! The only exception to this should be players dismissed from the program.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back