Third Saturday in October.

Dude you forget,we have so many perfect people in this world .None of whom has ever misspelled a word nor had a typo .They cant get by and see this is just a thread on a fan board.And also most of whom have deemed themself the official english and or spell checker police.And would dare say some of those very people that want to roast you are young and trying to find them easy in life .half of which couldn't tell you what body a pecker goes on or what body a vagina goes on..I got your back bro ..ive make mistakes
Thanks brother but it is a running joke on here.

We beat them next season. I’m calling it now!! That game is no longer an automatic loss anymore I wish we could’ve beat the little guy one more time but at least we beat him once and costed him another national title he was whining and begging to get lol. Bama will lose half of their bandwagon fanbase by the morning and I love it. GBO!!!!

Thread is still pretty dumb though. What's the point?
The point is having fun on VN. See, VN is a lot of things, mostly good, but not 100% so. We got plenty of rogue, snarky, conceited, and judgmental fans here to make sure VN isn't just goody-two shoes and nothing else. That's OK, it's part of VN's charm. Now, as for the moran thing, HomeGrown was doing a Paulinean. To understand what I just said, recall or read what the apostle Paul said to the ship's captain regarding the discarding his advice against sailing when they did. Then paraphrase his statement into an ultra brief three-word sentence that results in a rather common mocking rebuke. Long live Volnation!

Reactions: #1HomeGrownUTVOL
Call it now !!!! Coach Prime will be Bama coach!!!!!
Maybe, but I doubt it. Alabama being what it is, Deon's style just won't fly down there. Bryant dared to dilute his Coconut Basil Mojito team (as did Rupp with his Kentucky basketball team) by adding Chocolate Martini cocktails team members. But the underlying Bama 'tude has a limit to what they will tolerate. Deon, you see, doesn't step on toes, he stomps them.

I am still alright with ending the rivalry because the premise was that Alabama and Tennessee were the two strongest SEC programs and that led to the game. Tennessee is no where near #2 anymore, mostly due to Geography. Programs like Florida, Georgia, and LSU have better recruiting options in-state than Tennessee, larger student bodies, and just more overall resources. All 3 have competing and won multiple SEC and National Titles since Tennessee sniffed anything.

I say replace Tennessee with Georgia as Alabama/Georgia have been the two creme of the crop SEC programs and the hate seems to be there that was once around in 3rd Saturday of October when Neyland and Bryant competed with each other.

Who knows, make Alabama vs. Texas might become the game.

I am still alright with ending the rivalry because the premise was that Alabama and Tennessee were the two strongest SEC programs and that led to the game. Tennessee is no where near #2 anymore, mostly due to Geography. Programs like Florida, Georgia, and LSU have better recruiting options in-state than Tennessee, larger student bodies, and just more overall resources. All 3 have competing and won multiple SEC and National Titles since Tennessee sniffed anything.

I say replace Tennessee with Georgia as Alabama/Georgia have been the two creme of the crop SEC programs and the hate seems to be there that was once around in 3rd Saturday of October when Neyland and Bryant competed with each other.

Who knows, make Alabama vs. Texas might become the game.

LMAO..........wow.

Locked in rivalry games were cool when it was a 10 team conference. With 16 teams they create schedule inequity. Rotate opponents so that we see everybody at least every other year and we’ll all be OK.

Reactions: volbound1700
Locked in rivalry games were cool when it was a 10 team conference. With 16 teams they create schedule inequity. Rotate opponents so that we see everybody at least every other year and we’ll all be OK.

Yeah, Florida and Georgia were not even considered rivals for 85% of Tennessee's existence as a Football team but look at them now. Rivalries change.

To be frank, I feel like Tennessee has "too many" rivals anyways. Every time we lose, it is annoying hearing crap from most of the SEC or having our game circled by most of our opponents.

Basically Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Vandy, UK, and to a degree even South Carolina and Missouri always have us circled as a rival. Auburn tends to also be a team that calls us a rival. That is over half the league.

Reactions: JCHateSteve
To be frank, I feel like Tennessee has "too many" rivals anyways. Every time we lose, it is annoying hearing crap from most of the SEC or having our game circled by most of our opponents.

Basically Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Vandy, UK, and to a degree even South Carolina and Missouri always have us circled as a rival. Auburn tends to also be a team that calls us a rival. That is over half the league.
You forgot Ole Miss.

You forgot Ole Miss.

Yeah with Kiffin it is one that is interesting but really no Tennessee fan took Ole Miss seriously prior to Kiffin. We played them annual before the division switch but there just wasn't the same intensity as Alabama, Florida, Georgia or even UK.

Yeah with Kiffin it is one that is interesting but really no Tennessee fan took Ole Miss seriously prior to Kiffin. We played them annual before the division switch but there just wasn't the same intensity as Alabama, Florida, Georgia or even UK.
In fairness, we don't take UK seriously, even now.

I feel like Ole Miss is a rivalry that has been renewed in the last few years, thanks mostly to Kiff. I look for it to ramp up as we start seeing them every other year going forward.

Yeah, Florida and Georgia were not even considered rivals for 85% of Tennessee's existence as a Football team but look at them now. Rivalries change.
Exactly. Auburn, Ole Miss and Ga Tech were annual rivalries on our schedule for years and we hardly played UGA and Florida until the early 90s.

The UGA thing was always odd. They were 150 miles away but we only played them every 6 or 7 years.

Maybe because we beat them for like 20 years in a row? and other than the Archie who game when did they beat Tennessee?

VN Store

Back