This is the best I’ve felt about the program forever it seems. Agree?

Go big orange, just wanted to say thanks coach thanks to the admin for finally getting it right, for righting the wrong. Too much history with this program to ever allow it to go backwards again.

Heupel and his staff have transformed this roster into an SEC level roster that is capable of playing with and beating Alabama and giving Georgia a fight for a while.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
What has given me the most confident positive feeling about this program has been the position coaches' pressers.

The things they are citing are objective, but also intangibles, like the quality of the depth, the study habits and accountability between players and within position rooms. When you listen to those coaches, you understand why last season's seniors have arrived in the next level "NFL ready" in their habits, self-discipline, and work ethic.

Heupel and his staff have transformed this roster into an SEC level roster that is capable of playing with and beating Alabama and giving Georgia a fight for a while.
If Heupel can use this talent to beat Bama, it can beat UGA. The issue is, Kirby's defensive scheme has Huepel's offense figured out. There was a good break down of it on youtube that explained what Kirby is doing. Will be interesting to see if CJH can scheme something up for it.

The infusion of high level talent with the better and better recruiting classes and the playoff's being expanded to 12 teams give me something to get excited about now. We are not playing for just a NY's day bowl game anymore. SECC is still a reach but getting closer.

Yeah, it’s such an uneasy feeling to be in the top 10 (top 5 on 247) 😂
Ummm, you did notice that comment was 2 years old, right? Things do... and have... change(d).

FWIW, Heupel seems to be more of a roster builder than just a "recruiter". They're getting some HS talent now but he's shown a LOT of upper level, cutting edge skill at finding the right pieces from different sources. He is the "new" model in that way. Gone are the days when you could just recruit great and have a great roster. IMHO, that's why Saban left. The old way was really good to him... and fit his style. He could be abusive. He could sit guys for 2 or 3 years before they got a real shot to start. The ability of players to walk away when unhappy about treatment or playing time was probably the last nail for him.

He would argue and likely be right that the rules that kept them at Bama usually ended up being for their long term good. But it just doesn't work that way any more. Coaches have to coach different and manage players different... in my estimation... a lot like Heupel does it.

VN Store

Back