This Season's Nike Shoe Release (*be SURE to go thru link here so Freak gets credit!)

You get a like solely for the use of “rurnt.” Here’s someone who understands the culture, folks!
My Mamaw was from Athens, TN. She would say some pretty funny things like Chimley (chimney) and warsh and arn clothes. I still say those same things daily, especially warshin clothes. That has rurnt many a weekend at our house.

My Mamaw was from Athens, TN. She would say some pretty funny things like Chimley (chimney) and warsh and arn clothes. I still say those same things daily, especially warshin clothes. That has rurnt many a weekend at our house.
Mine said words that way, too, except she added a "b" to chimbley. She had some family in Meigs Country, but grew up mostly on William's Island in the Tennessee River near Chattanooga.

Before we'd eat, she'd always tell me to "go warsh your little hands." When I was around age 14 and nearly 6 foot, I complained. "Ma-maw, my hands aren't little any more."

Ever sweet and gentle, she said, "Oh. Well, then go warsh your big little hands."

Mine said words that way, too, except she added a "b" to chimbley. She had some family in Meigs Country, but grew up mostly on William's Island in the Tennessee River near Chattanooga.

Before we'd eat, she'd always tell me to "go warsh your little hands." When I was around age 14 and nearly 6 foot, I complained. "Ma-maw, my hands aren't little any more."

Ever sweet and gentle, she said, "Oh. Well, then go warsh your big little hands."
There may have been a b in there too. Hers was silent. I miss that woman. She was a kind soul.

As an old man now looking back on life, there was nothing in my life more valuable than having a great Mammaw and Pappaw. I was quite offended when the people on the news networks were making fun of J.D. Vance saying Mammaw. Those words are sacred around here.

As an old man now looking back on life, there was nothing in my life more valuable than having a great Mammaw and Pappaw. I was quite offended when the people on the news networks were making fun of J.D. Vance saying Mammaw. Those words are sacred around here.
Not many people have had the privilege of having a mamaw or papaw. It’s a sad reality.

I don’t care for Vance, but anybody who has issues with Mammaw is fixin to have issues with me.

My Mamaw used to say we would be having "Arsh" potatoes. Took me decades to figure out she meant "IRISH" potaoes.

I get my Mom (85 years young) back on how she says handkerchief.
She says it as if its spelled "hankderchief". I'll say something like " I need one of those white things you carry in your pocket to wipe your nose ... Oh what are they called?" She'll respond a hankderchief . I'll say " a What" and she'll say it again then realize I'm messing with her.
When my wife is talking about both her wrists, she'll say wristes. And she always thinks the "w" in sword is not silent.

VN Store

Back