This team has just gotten better and better

Our fans are great but can also be really extreme retards

I see some really dumb takes on Facebook all the time, I'm thinking drive by fans. I think when a big game comes up they think, hey I'll add my expertise to the game thread. Usually the really asinine takes are from posters I rarely see on here throughout the week..

What’s interesting is during the game, Volnation was bashing Tony… a few post even saying Frank Anderson took the pitching staff a step backwards. But the fact is we really turned it around about half way through the season and we are sitting comfortably in the winners bracket. Many after the first sign of adversity are ready to blast the coaches and talk that the team isn’t fighting or “wants to lose” but yesterday was another sign that this team is giving their all for Tennessee.

We have a large contingent of chicken littles in our fan base who give up at the first sign of adversity and seem to revel in negativity.

Especially defensively and on the base path throughout the year Kudos to them. Think this might be TV’s best job coaching to date IMO.
I agree. Early on it didn't look like this team had the make up to deal with adversity. They've grown over the course of the season. The goal is always to be playing your best baseball when tournament time rolls around and this team is doing just that. If things go right, they can find themselves in Omaha. They get there and anything is possible. Never would have dreamed this team could do that. Felt like making the supers was their ceiling more due to experience and poor defense/base running, but they continue to prove me wrong....which I almost always am. I'm actually very, very happy about that, too. It's the main reason I never, ever pick/bet my heart.

Last edited:
I see some really dumb takes on Facebook all the time, I'm thinking drive by fans. I think when a big game comes up they think, hey I'll add my expertise to the game thread. Usually the really asinine takes are from posters I rarely see on here throughout the week..
A little bit of success can spoil people

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Clemson is a stellar team that was on a 17 game W streak. They know how to win period. The Vols could have thrown it in like some of our posters but they hung tough. 1 strike away from victory and credit to Clemson they tied it up to keep the game alive but the Vols kept coming, very proud of this team playing a great team at their place and having the resilience to pull it out. GBO
One thing that I believe was apparent after this weekend is the ACC severely lacks the arms that the SEC rolls out. I attended this weekend with a Clemson friend and when Ammons came in at the end, he said “we’re bringing in our heat guy, he’ll be high heat every time.” I don’t believe one of the 3 pitches to Zane got over 92-93; that was “heat” in their mind. An older Clemson gentleman asked my dad and I after the game, where did we find 3 guys throwing 96+. He said the 2nd one came out and was faster than the 1st then the 3rd was just as fast as the 1st; we laughed and said we have 6-7 that all sit 95+ consistently.

One thing that I believe was apparent after this weekend is the ACC severely lacks the arms that the SEC rolls out. I attended this weekend with a Clemson friend and when Ammons came in at the end, he said “we’re bringing in our heat guy, he’ll be high heat every time.” I don’t believe one of the 3 pitches to Zane got over 92-93; that was “heat” in their mind. An older Clemson gentleman asked my dad and I after the game, where did we find 3 guys throwing 96+. He said the 2nd one came out and was faster than the 1st then the 3rd was just as fast as the 1st; we laughed and said we have 6-7 that all sit 95+ consistently.

Yep and also have the other Joyce, Zac he's not Ben's 105 but the slow one that tops out at 98-99 that can come in on special situations. We are blessed with arms and is why if some of the young highly talented players start hitting on big time clip consistently, could be a dynamic situation to infinity & beyond. GBO

VN Store

Back