This year's losses looking better

maryvillenative

As the bowl season rolls on, our losses (other than the ridiculous one @ UF) are looking better and should help us in the final ranking as long as we beat Iowa.

Reactions: CrazyUncleVol
The Mizzou and UGA losses look bad either way. Shame is the Mizzou loss put a damper on the UGA game and we were defeated before the game started.

Mizzou straight manhandled us. We certainly could have made the score better though. We gave up a 10 point swing by fumbling at the end of the 1st half and letting Mizzou get in position for a FG. Also had a 2nd half fumble deep in Mizzou territory. Missed a FG. Frustrated and desperate becusse of missed opportunity we get aggressive and throw a pick 6.

Last edited:
That Mizzou loss still doesn’t look good no matter what. That was the worst performance under Heupel and I hope to never see anything like that again. The team didn’t even show up.
Mizz made alot of people look bad this year b/c they had, from what I can tell, 8 SRs on Def and 6 on Off...along w/ all SEC RB. Think they'll look entirely different next year and have at least a probable drop like Vols did this year. Time will tell on if we're ready to rise again...at least I'm loving that 8-4 is now a meh' season under JH, where it would have been party time during Dooley/Butch/Pruitt years.

Who did we beat that was any good, that should be the question
You could say that about alot of SEC teams this year. Our record reflects pretty accurately where we are this season...about the 6th best team in SEC behind UGA, Bama, LSU, Miz, OM. Going into season, thought we would be 7-5/9-3...with our limitations @ QB, WR, DB, other than UF loss, we pretty much maxed out on my expectations...need the W tomorrow.

Reactions: Rocky Top T
As the bowl season rolls on, our losses (other than the ridiculous one @ UF) are looking better and should help us in the final ranking as long as we beat Iowa.
This is a loser mentality. There are no good loses and no moral victories. We should love winning and hate losing. Those are not the same thing. Here’s to next year.

Reactions: Tennessee Cowboy
BTWs, I’m not calling you a loser just in case you read it that way. The idea of putting lipstick on a pig or turd polishing is a bad approach. No good comes from it.

That Mizzou loss still doesn’t look good no matter what. That was the worst performance under Heupel and I hope to never see anything like that again. The team didn’t even show up.

I beg to differ. The team showed up. They did not play well, but at least they were there, sort of. I mean there were bodies on that field in Tennessee uniforms.

Florida was terrible.
Alabama, Georgia, and Missouri mashed our faces in.

Nothing about any of them was "Good" despite three of those teams being excellent. Those good teams and a terrible team beat the boys around badly. Tennessee wasn't even on the same level with them so what they went on to do to good teams after making Tennessee lick the white dog **** is irrelevant to me.

Florida was terrible.
Alabama, Georgia, and Missouri mashed our faces in.

Nothing about any of them was "Good" despite three of those teams being excellent. Those good teams and a terrible team beat the boys around badly. Tennessee wasn't even on the same level with them so what they went on to do to good teams after making Tennessee lick the white dog **** is irrelevant to me.

Alabama didn’t “smash our faces in”. You’re trolling

A
This is Butch/Pruitt era level thinking.
Agree. No loss is good. The Florida and Missouri games were pathetic. No defensive game plan and poor offense from the start. Georgia, after watching the game yesterday, would beat Alabama 9 out of 10 games. They would beat the final four teams by 2 touchdowns. With all of that said, we should never think that a loss looks good on paper.

VN Store

Back