Thoughts about Utah?

Vols4life

Chalupa Batman
Maybe its just me but I really do not want to see Utah in BCS game :bad: They play in a very weak conference and they really only have one quailty win and that being Texas A&M which you cannot really count because it was the first game of the year!

I feel like if they were even in the PAC 10 they would not go undefeated! So I say that strength of schedule needs to come back into play for the BCS rankings!!

But I surely hope that Utah falls out of the top 6 :cross:

Maybe you forgot that Arizona State, USC, UCLA and Cal are in the Pac-10. <_<

Anyhow, I think it&#39;s great that they are going to the Fiesta Bowl. It&#39;s showing another flaw in the BCS, and means one big step closer to getting either booted or fixed.

Go Utes&#33;

a_smith_ft.jpg

Utah sure looked good last night. I know it was only BYU, but they beat the hell out of them like you&#39;d expect a good team to do.

That was also a rivalry game. Did anybody watch the pregame stuff? Both teams had some pretty strong words for eachother. Stronger than I see in a lot of rivalries.

Originally posted by milohimself@Nov 21, 2004 12:07 PM
Maybe you forgot that Arizona State, USC, UCLA and Cal are in the Pac-10. <_<

Anyhow, I think it&#39;s great that they are going to the Fiesta Bowl. It&#39;s showing another flaw in the BCS, and means one big step closer to getting either booted or fixed.

Go Utes&#33;

Milo you need to stop drinking so much read what I said about them being in the PAC 10 again geez :blink:

I think the intensity was really cranked up last night due to Utah&#39;s success. A lot of people were giving BYU a shot at winning last night.

Speaking of Mormons . . . somebody alluded to Ainge going on a mission at some point. Milo, since you know him, is it a possibility that Ainge might interrupt his playing career for something like that? I have no idea how devout a Mormon he is . . . just curious.

I&#39;m not on the Utah/Boise St. bandwagon either.

Yes, Utah is undefeated. Some people on other boards have said "They&#39;re undefeated so they HAVE to be considered for a BCS bowl." Well, Harvard is undefeated, so should they get the other at-large BCS bowl berth?

Neither of these teams play a conference schedule that amounts to anything. We&#39;re supposed to believe that it&#39;s normal for a Top 15 team to give up 45 points to San Jose State?

If Utah goes to the Fiesta, who will they play, the Big Least Champion?

Originally posted by Vols4life@Nov 21, 2004 9:15 AM
Milo you need to stop drinking so much read what I said about them being in the PAC 10 again geez :blink:

I know that you made a crack on the Pac-10. I was just messing around, I don&#39;t mind all that much.

And Ainge is not a devout anything... If you knew his reputation around here, that wouldn&#39;t even be a serious question.

I think Utah can line up and play against any team in the nation, I really do. Don&#39;t count on a Fiesta birth so quick either. It was reported by the Gameday crew that reps from the Sugar Bowl were there and very impressed and they just may take Utah before the Fiesta has a chance to, providing Auburn goes to the Orange Bowl to play for the NC.

DD

Originally posted by JohnsonCityVol@Nov 21, 2004 12:41 PM
I&#39;m not on the Utah/Boise St. bandwagon either.

Yes, Utah is undefeated. Some people on other boards have said "They&#39;re undefeated so they HAVE to be considered for a BCS bowl." Well, Harvard is undefeated, so should they get the other at-large BCS bowl berth?

Neither of these teams play a conference schedule that amounts to anything. We&#39;re supposed to believe that it&#39;s normal for a Top 15 team to give up 45 points to San Jose State?

If Utah goes to the Fiesta, who will they play, the Big Least Champion?

It&#39;s kind of a tough issue but I tend to agree with you JCVol. It&#39;s not really fair that teams like this get a BCS bid. As for the players though, they have done all they can do which is win all of their games. I don&#39;t know that there is a simple answer. :dunno:

Utah is good, BCS good? No
Would they be a BCS contender if in Big 12, SEC, Big Ten, Pac 10? No well maybe Pac-10

But this is to make the non-BCS Conferences happy and avoid legal and congressional battles that Tulanes Prez tried to start. Everyone should have seen one of these coming from the settlement this summer.

That means nothing.

So, Georgia is still better than us because they happened to have a bad day when we played them?

My point is NC is looking not too bad this year. And A&M is looking pretty damned good, too.

Considering Utah strength of schedule, which is 117th toughest out of 117 teams................NO WAY&#33; It is no wonder that they are undefeated. I guess if you run up the score on Texas A&M, Utah St, Air Force, UNC, UNLV, San Diego St, Colorado St, Wyoming and BYU, then you should get a BCS bid huh? In all fairness, they are a pretty good team I guess. I will just have to wait and see if they ever play somebody&#33;

Utah is highly overrated. A team is only as good as its opponents. Let them come play against every SEC team and see how good their record is.

To those of you who don&#39;t like the fact that Utah is in a BCS game, aren&#39;t you at least glad to see a non-BCS conference team make a game?

Crap no&#33;&#33;&#33; Why should a school who plays nobody get a chance to play in a BCS bowl? 117 on schedule strength come on now&#33;&#33; Stupid Tulane president&#33; It&#39;s all his fault&#33;&#33; Want to go to a BCS bowl join a BCS conference&#33; Utah can go to the :flush: for all I care&#33;

Oh well. I suppose that&#39;s your opinion. I think they are deserving, because they are completely undefeated, they play brilliantly and have dominated every team they&#39;ve played like any other top-level DI-A school should.

Who know&#39;s if they&#39;ll be overlooked or not. Give them a chance to see whether they belong or not. Remember the year that BYU got the National Championship -by beating Michigan from the BIG 10 who ended up with a 6-6 record. BYU was 13-0. Seems that they were the only undefeated team that year. Don&#39;t think that will ever happen again-where a team that&#39;s not in the top 6 will win the NC.

I think they should NOT get A BCS Bowl game. Maybe it will force some of these schools to beef up there schedule.

I think any undefeated team should get a premier bowl game .....too many teams (including us) have gotten better bowl bids in the past than they deserved...but that all goes back to money the bowls want to fill the stadium not reward a good football team.

3 years ago, it was MARSHALL.

Last year, and the year before, it was Fresno St.

This year, it&#39;s Utah.

When are some of these folks gonna realize that Mid Majors are "MID" for a reason&#33;

they deserve nothing....its UTAH&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

vs Texas A&M
at Arizona
at Utah State
vs Air Force
at New Mexico
vs North Carolina
vs UNLV
at San Diego State
vs Colorado State
at Wyoming
vs BYU