Thoughts about Utah?

Would they have the same stats playing in a BCS confrence no way. They have become the media darlings... I have no repect for a pogram that runs up the score just to make a statement...
That is as far from sportsmanship as you can get, I hope that Urban Meyer Goes to Florida can learn what it is like to play in a real confrence...

I understand what others think about the SEC but, there is not a confrence out there that plays the Smashmouth Football accustom to our confrence.

Originally posted by Tnvolfan68@Nov 23, 2004 10:54 AM
I understand what others think about the SEC but, there is not a confrence out there that plays the Smashmouth Football accustom to our confrence.

I agree that the Utah has not played a schedule like the SEC's schools. However, to avoid a repeat of BYU's championship in 1984.... I would rather Utah play another top ten school in the bowl game. Remember, due to bowl tie-ins, No. 1 BYU played against an unranked 6-5 Michigan team to win the NC. If Utah is for real, then a win over another top ten team will prove it.

Alrighty then!! Utah against Pitt! I will NOT be watching this game! Unless there is nothing else on tv this game is going to be horrible BRING BACK STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Vols4life@Dec 6, 2004 9:17 PM
Alrighty then!! Utah against Pitt! I will NOT be watching this game! Unless there is nothing else on tv this game is going to be horrible BRING BACK STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE PLEASE!!!!!!!!

For real, this game is doomed. I don't know many people who would want to watch Utah and Pitt in the Fiesta. Utah is fun to watch at times, but I can't watch this one.

I enjoy watching Utah enough to watch this game. They will probably beat the snot out of Pitt, and they won't be able to prove a whole lot... But football is always good entertainment.

I will give them credit where it is due. They went undefeated and played some pretty average teams but beat them convincingly. I lived in Salt Lake for a few years and witnessed first hand how weak the MW conference is. I believe we could beat them head to head. Congrats for what they have done but I will not be watching that BcS game between them and the mighty Panthers.

I think this is thread is as anti mid major as sportwriters are of us. If it was A&M's first game and doesn't count as much just because they lost to Utah, then does it not stand to reason that it was also very early in the season for Utah? Their 1st or 2nd game. So, essentially being their season opener as well, would they be any more prepared to play than a major team. By logic, a major conference's 2nd sqaud should be equal to a mids first string. So, if a major is not prepared to play, not only in their opener, but at any point in the season, against a "blow off" team, then should that mid team be penalized. Utah stepped up to play major conference talent, and they beat all of them. It hurts the big schools if we lose to them, so why not give them credit if they beat you. We have certainly been challenged by mid teams the last few years, beaten by Memphis before. It's not their fault they stayed in the game and avoided a blowout. On any given day a major school will bring a real team to the field. If you play a mid school and they beat you that day, and remain undefeated, even against other major schools, they earned the shot. They play head to head within their conferences. Equal talent. Then Utah beats 3 BCS conference schools to boot. Where is their downfall.

VN Store

Back