Thoughts on Tom Brady

I neither like nor dislike Tom Brady as a player, but I am looking forward to seeing him have the opportunity to succeed or fail while not being in the favorable situation he’s enjoyed over the last 20 years.

My opinion is that he’s certainly a top-10 QB of all time, but there are a number of others that would likely have had just as much success had they been in the exact same situation and stayed relatively injury-free . . . Manning, Brees, and Marino to name three.

Brady just upgraded big time. The Bucs are good. They were 7-9 and lost 6 games by just one score with Winston shooting them in the foot all year.

Manning, Brees, and Marino were injury free (except one year here and there). Not as successful.

Manning and Brees had similar situations.

Nobody has had a similar situation, IMO.

BB is the GOAT coach/roster manager.
The AFC East was a terrible division for basically all of two decades.
To his credit, Brady almost always played for less than market value.

The Pats usually had the best depth, a bye, and home-field heading into the playoffs with a team that has a cold weather advantage. These are huge edges that Brees and Peyton didn't enjoy. For example, the Colts played a road wild card game one time after going 12-4. Tom Brady has never played in a road game to open the playoffs. He's only played in 3 road playoff games since 2007. He's played in more SB's than road playoff games. Brady never lost a playoff game because his kicker missed. He never lost a playoff game because his teammate lined up offsides. He never lost a playoff game because of a tuck rule. He never lost a playoff game because his team kicked out of bounds. He never lost a playoff game because his team didn't run on a play where everybody knows you should run. He won a fkn SB scoring 13 points, LOL. In 41 playoff games, his biggest complaints are that his WR didn't pull down a pass that was a little high and they got boat raced by the Eagles. Almost everything seems to go his way.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back