Ticket prices unusually low?

skasper06

Is it just me or are single game tickets especially low this season?

I think you can only buy tickets from season ticket holders right now since individual game tickets aren't on sale yet, but I was still surprised when I looked up prices on stubhub today.

Austin Peay tickets start at $14.99
Western KY tickets start at $9.99
South Alabama tickets start at $7.99
Georgia tickets start at $84
South Carolina tickets start at $79
Auburn tickets start at $73
Vanderbilt tickets start at $48

I live in Richmond, VA and I will likely be going to the season opener against Austin Peay and possibly Vanderbilt... they have rubbed me the wrong way as of late. haha

Anyways, I guess CBJ is trying to get the fans to support their team and bring back the capacity crowds, which I love. Either that or we just play crappy teams so the tickets are starting at dirt cheap prices. Either way, hopefully this means sell out crowds at Neyland!

Reactions: 1 person
If the recrutes see lower prices they'll know deflation is in the knoxville vols area and cheaper alcohols its good

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people

I think you can only buy tickets from season ticket holders right now since individual game tickets aren't on sale yet, but I was still surprised when I looked up prices on stubhub today.

I live in Richmond, VA and I will likely be going to the season opener against Austin Peay and possibly Vanderbilt... they have rubbed me the wrong way as of late. haha

Anyways, I guess CBJ is trying to get the fans to support their team and bring back the capacity crowds, which I love. Either that or we just play crappy teams so the tickets are starting at dirt cheap prices. Either way, hopefully this means sell out crowds at Neyland!

That figures. The game I want to go to is the most expensive. :)

The nothing games cost, well, nothing. The conference games cost more than past years, except for Vandy. So it averages out about the same.

Attendance will be low the entire season unless we beat Oregon. If they beat Orgeon and Florida attendance will skyrocket.

When do single game tickets go on sale through UT Sports?

Edit. Found it. July 15.

Last edited:

there are a ton of season tickets still available. people with tickets understand that when UT releases those single game, the market will be flooded. supply and demand drives prices down.

UT recently offered packages for AP, S Ala and Vandy at $28 each.. a reduction on face value of $46..

It will be interesting to see just what the crowds will look like. I know volnation is excited for the most part but it sounds like the masses are taking a wait n see approach. Yea the economy is bad but the article on the student attendance was very telling n now super cheap tickets for the scrub games.... its going to be interesting to see the crowds if we get blown out at org n Fla.

The head coach doesn't set the ticket prices. If that were the case, Saban would make fans sign over their 401Ks for upper deck seats.

Reactions: 2 people
there are a ton of season tickets still available. people with tickets understand that when UT releases those single game, the market will be flooded. supply and demand drives prices down.

UT recently offered packages for AP, S Ala and Vandy at $28 each.. a reduction on face value of $46..

Doesn't that mean that when the single tickets are released, the prices of season ticket holders' tickets would drop even farther?

Your reasoning does not match why ticket prices are low now. Based on that explanation, a reasonable person should wait until July 15 to purchase from season ticket holders bc they will be forced to lower their prices when the market "floods".

Story lines will come out that attract people to certain games. Some coach will come out and say something about Butch that he shouldn't, or vice versa, and everyone will want to see the action unfold in person.

Like someone else said, if we put up a competitive performance against a team of decent quality (Oregon, UF, UGA) early in the season, it would boost tix as well. Not to mention the attraction that a beatable UGA or SCar would bring to Knoxville if they roll in as underachievers.

I think that the November games (Auburn, Vanderbilt) have the potential to be cash cows for UT if we're sitting in a .500 or better position. Especially Vanderbilt. Everyone knows that Butch and Franklin are going to be going back and forth (for recruiting rights) and it will lead to a great showdown. Plus everyone will want to be there in person to make faces at Franklin and let their kids shoot him the bird.

Whatever the reason, I see these prices as extremely flexible because people are still waiting to see if Butch is worth his salt. If we come out flat, UT will basically have to give them away. If we have some vigor to us, and the fans get behind the program, the market is going to go up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Story lines will come out that attract people to certain games. Some coach will come out and say something about Butch that he shouldn't, or vice versa, and everyone will want to see the action unfold in person.

Like someone else said, if we put up a competitive performance against a team of decent quality (Oregon, UF, UGA) early in the season, it would boost tix as well. Not to mention the attraction that a beatable UGA or SCar would bring to Knoxville if they roll in as underachievers.

I think that the November games (Auburn, Vanderbilt) have the potential to be cash cows for UT if we're sitting in a .500 or better position. Especially Vanderbilt. Everyone knows that Butch and Franklin are going to be going back and forth (for recruiting rights) and it will lead to a great showdown. Plus everyone will want to be there in person to make faces at Franklin and let their kids shoot him the bird.

Whatever the reason, I see these prices as extremely flexible because people are still waiting to see if Butch is worth his salt. If we come out flat, UT will basically have to give them away. If we have some vigor to us, and the fans get behind the program, the market is going to go up.

:eek:lol:

1) UT football has sucked since 2007
2) The U.S. economy has sucked since 2007
3) Sucky football team + sucky economy = difficult time filling 100k seat stadium

Selling seats for $10 is better than not selling the seats and making $0

Reactions: 3 people
1) UT football has sucked since 2007
2) The U.S. economy has sucked since 2007
3) Sucky football team + sucky economy = difficult time filling 100k seat stadium

Selling seats for $10 is better than not selling the seats and making $0

Yep!

I know CBJ doesn't set the prices per say, but I'm sure he has an impact on it. It's not unreasonable to say he met up with Dave Hart and the other powers that be and discussed the direction of the football team and their fans. CBJ has clearly talked about bringing Tennessee back to it's old form. And that includes a near capacity stadium at every home game...And as Jeff McFlurry^^ said, selling a ticket for $10 is better than not selling it all. Especially when you are paying off a brand new training facility and your school wants to build a shrine for Pat Summit (which is well deserved btw).

I understand it and I'm not complaining... I was just really surprised is all.

The nothing games cost, well, nothing. The conference games cost more than past years, except for Vandy. So it averages out about the same.

Exactly :good!: I don't think it was a good idea to raise the prices of the "good" games" either. $70 for any game is enough, at least until proven worth more by winning championships imo.

Attendance will be low the entire season unless we beat Oregon. If they beat Orgeon and Florida attendance will skyrocket.

Then the attendance will be low Orgeon will beat us us by 28 and the gators by 21, so you should be able to get good seats by midseason.:banghead2:

VN Store

Back