Ticket prices unusually low?

Doesn't that mean that when the single tickets are released, the prices of season ticket holders' tickets would drop even farther?

Your reasoning does not match why ticket prices are low now. Based on that explanation, a reasonable person should wait until July 15 to purchase from season ticket holders bc they will be forced to lower their prices when the market "floods".

I'm fairly sure the 'people' LWS is talking about are the resellers on Stubhub, etc. I think he means ticket prices are low now so they can hopefully move a few at a small profit before the market really drops down once the singles go on sale.

Just because I've seen it discussed...the prices listed are not from UT. Those are scalpers.

FWIW- UGA, LSU, etc all have some 15-20 tickets people are trying to move. Its far from a local thing.

During the Fulmer years, I would take a single ticket and sell it for $100 on gameday -- just a single. As soon as I got my arm raised it was sold. I could've sold them for a lot more but I wasn't looking to fleece anyone.

Doesn't that mean that when the single tickets are released, the prices of season ticket holders' tickets would drop even farther?

Your reasoning does not match why ticket prices are low now. Based on that explanation, a reasonable person should wait until July 15 to purchase from season ticket holders bc they will be forced to lower their prices when the market "floods".

I think currently, people are trying to move them before they get lower. buyers should wait, IMO.

During the Fulmer years, I would take a single ticket and sell it for $100 on gameday -- just a single. As soon as I got my arm raised it was sold. I could've sold them for a lot more but I wasn't looking to fleece anyone.

I could sell nose bleed tickets at that time for 100 each. lower level end zone seats went for 250 each.

of course, face price was much lower than now also

I'm fairly sure the 'people' LWS is talking about are the resellers on Stubhub, etc. I think he means ticket prices are low now so they can hopefully move a few at a small profit before the market really drops down once the singles go on sale.

Just because I've seen it discussed...the prices listed are not from UT. Those are scalpers.

FWIW- UGA, LSU, etc all have some 15-20 tickets people are trying to move. Its far from a local thing.

tickets are going to be extremely cheap on game day or maybe even given away... jmo, based on what I'm hearing

All these cheap prices are for the nose bleed seats... but hey, you are still AT THE GAME. Personally, I'd rather watch on TV if I can't get a good seat. Otherwise you are just watching the jumbo-tron the whole time anyways. But anyways, these low prices are the starting price for the high up seats... don't expect to be able to see very well. But no matter where you sit, you are part of Volnation and the experience is unforgettable.

I could sell nose bleed tickets at that time for 100 each. lower level end zone seats went for 250 each.

of course, face price was much lower than now also

Yep and these weren't even nosebleeds but I got the tix for free and sold them to folks in UT orange. I didn't have the heart to charge more since it was pure profit to me.

tickets are going to be extremely cheap on game day or maybe even given away... jmo, based on wham hearing

I'd say they'll be affordable ($25-50 for a pair) opening day, maybe a touch higher out of curiosity. IIRC, there was actually a little unexpected demand on the street for that UT Martin game.

WKU will be the same or a touch lower. South Alabama will be a free for all. People are treating that as an extra open date (I know of 3 weddings that day).

For these bad games, I'm hoping to find some $5-$10 tickets on the street when I need some extras

Is it just me or are single game tickets especially low this season?

I think you can only buy tickets from season ticket holders right now since individual game tickets aren't on sale yet, but I was still surprised when I looked up prices on stubhub today.

Austin Peay tickets start at $14.99
Western KY tickets start at $9.99
South Alabama tickets start at $7.99
Georgia tickets start at $84
South Carolina tickets start at $79
Auburn tickets start at $73
Vanderbilt tickets start at $48

I live in Richmond, VA and I will likely be going to the season opener against Austin Peay and possibly Vanderbilt... they have rubbed me the wrong way as of late. haha

Anyways, I guess CBJ is trying to get the fans to support their team and bring back the capacity crowds, which I love. Either that or we just play crappy teams so the tickets are starting at dirt cheap prices. Either way, hopefully this means sell out crowds at Neyland!

If you paid the above listed price for each game, you would only save about $50 over buying a season ticket! You can get season tkts now without contributing...just find a season tkt holder & they can get them for you!

If you paid the above listed price for each game, you would only save about $50 over buying a season ticket! You can get season tkts now without contributing...just find a season tkt holder & they can get them for you!

If you can get season tix without contributing then can I not just buy them on my own.

If you can get season tix without contributing then can I not just buy them on my own.

You might be able to down the line, but right now season ticket holders can buy extras in the lower north end zone.

I highly doubt they open that deal to the public. I assume they'll open up the north uppers like they have before.

until July 8th, current donors have options on purchasing 6 season tickets in lower level of each end zone without additional donations being made.. this is ONLY a one year deal and subject to not be available next season.

anyone wanting to get season tickets in their own name would have to go through the Tennessee fund and give a donation. Some tickets are available for a very, very small donation like upper deck. Lowers are much more costly

You might be able to down the line, but right now season ticket holders can buy extras in the lower north end zone.

I highly doubt they open that deal to the public. I assume they'll open up the north uppers like they have before.

they offered south uppers about 6-8 weeks ago for $300 with no donation. I assume those are still available

If your worried about saving money, then this isn't the year to have season tickets. We're still down and we have a tough schedule. After GA tickets will be easy to find and cheap like last year.

Bought tickets to WKU this morning, 2 in NN for $23.95. Gonna buy a triple play deal and I get free Vandy tickets so not to shabby for a couple hundred bucks a year.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back