Tik tok gonna track certain Americans

We are right on the cusp. Things are about to change. I'm not denying it, I'm just making a real pain in the ass.

Just for the sake of discussion, how will you feel about it if you have a wreck, even if it isn't your fault, and they deny your claim because they say your phone's gps shows you were speeding?

They wouldn't do that though would they?
According to my agent, they don't use that data in their claim investigation process. Should probably get that in writing though.

According to my agent, they don't use that data in their claim investigation process. Should probably get that in writing though.

It may not say speeding specifically, but they can deny a claim if the driver's actions led to the accident. One thing insurance companies hate to do is pay out claims and if speeding was the contributing factor to an accident, they can deny the claim.

And just for clarity, I'm referring to speeding significantly over the posted site limit.

Your agent is wrong.

Telematics such as SF’s drive safe and save telematic tracks speed of vehicle and stop of vehicle/brake time in real time that is then collected and save to help create a more accurate insurance score moving forward. While the device itself cannot yet determine fault liability it can determine how fast you are going and hypothetically if two vehicles are in an accident that both have telematics devices such as Snapshot or a real time iPhone app they can use those two to establish fault based upon speed and collision impact upon braking.

On board cameras have been used multiple times already and is the next step. Eventually all cars will have telematics automatically built in with cameras so the carriers know at all time the movement simply by tracking vin the same way we track planes.

I don't think some folks realize how deep all this is about to go. Whether you have a phone or not won't matter.

Reactions: davethevol
It may not say speeding specifically, but they can deny a claim if the driver's actions led to the accident. One thing insurance companies hate to do is pay out claims and if speeding was the contributing factor to an accident, they can deny the claim.

And just for clarity, I'm referring to speeding significantly over the posted site limit.
I am a safe driver, been driving almost 20 years now and never had so much as a fender bender. Not worried about insurance not paying out claims because of my driving.

VN Store

Back