'25 TN ATH Daune Morris (USC commit)

It was a rhetorical question. You can look that up on Google.

I don’t want the Coaches having to decide between understanding and athleticism. Which takes us back to my original point, that continues to elude you.
I’ll say this…Brooks isn’t unatheletic by Safety standards. He walked on as a CB before changing positions.

He’s not quite athletic enough to play CB in the SEC at a high level, but a less than athletic CB can be an athletic Safety. Can you imagine Jaylen McCollough or Nigel Warrior trying to play CB? Brooks is more athletic/faster than either of those guys.

I don’t know if that’s the situation or not.

Farroq is only in year 2.
Slaughter in year 2.

Boo might be a starter at STAR. So no safety for now.

Charles moved back to safety and scrimmaged next Turrentine in one of these scrimmages.

Brooks will play. He was All-State in Alabama. He’s not some intramural sport kid that’s trying to live a dream.
Jakob Thomas is also in line to play.

Everyone I just mentioned will play…
Brooks provides intelligence, leadership and he’s a good athlete.

They all need to play because of how quickly our offense gives the football back.

We need as many as possible to play all spots.
Farooq is only in Year 1.

I have every reason to believe the Coaches will play whomever they believe gives them the best chance to win.

It sounds like it will be Will Brooks - because they trust him.

But we’ve heard repeatedly that they value his IQ, his ability to read and line up others, his work ethic, etc - even if it means sacrificing some modicum of talent and athleticism.

Again, that’s fine, Coaches want to win. They’re going to try to win.

We shouldn’t be in a position where we’re having to choose to sacrifice talent and athleticism.

And as long as we are - we should be recruiting more help to that position group.
Which program insider has said he lacks ANYTHING? Or any is less athletic than all the non walk on. Show some comparative 40, shuttle, or other timed drills AS IF TODAY.

Don’t think CJH is going to allow them to sneak an inferior guy in as a starter, and who assumes THAT room is less power 5 competitive than the rest on that side of the ball? Passing CB.

Heck maybe poor old CWM has had to misuse his guys to cover for Banks room. Looking forward to that narrative.

You didn’t even know that Brooks was All State in Alabama. So how are you going to know what he’s capable of?

You think there’s this pic and choose dichotomy and that our coaches are just choosing to pick the higher acumen player 🙄

Jon Slaughter and Charles are BOTH ACADEMIC ALL-SEC …
They’re not “gangbangers with speed “.

So as I’ve been trying to TELL YOU.
Your point is NOT what you think…
You’ve responded to the same post 3 times now. Really got you triggered - apologies for that.

But you’re still confused if you think I’m interested in your opinion on this.

I put stock in practice reports and insights from those here with actual information.

Reactions: swchandler1988
I’m not confused about a damn thing!

Brooks does all the right things to represent the University of Tennessee. He could have went other places on scholarship. Instead he’s a VOL 4 LIFE. He comes to practice. He’s a leader in the DB room trying to help the other guys get better along with himself. Since he’s a senior that has been there since the horrible turnover of Jeremy Pruitt and 3-7 season where Tennessee was at its absolute lowest! He could have left!
But no…he stuck around and grinded. He got to work and is now leader on one of the best football teams in college.

- Never been suspended
- Also Academic All SEC like Charles and Slaughter
Earned a start against UGA in 2023, where he didn’t play so well. Well news flash smart guy! NEITHER DID ANYONE else save Jaylen Wright.

But “apparently “ he’s all we have right?

You sit here and try too be clever, and rub your nose at a kid that’s been a point of positive energy and stability for the most dramatic turnaround in this proud program’s history . And he happens to be a decent athlete.

So no. Your horrible attempt at being coy is not appreciated for a kid that absolutely does not deserve that treatment from the likes of you…
Are you sure you understand what rhetorical means?

I’ll say this…Brooks isn’t unatheletic by Safety standards. He walked on as a CB before changing positions.

He’s not quite athletic enough to play CB in the SEC at a high level, but a less than athletic CB can be an athletic Safety. Can you imagine Jaylen McCollough or Nigel Warrior trying to play CB? Brooks is more athletic/faster than either of those guys.
Of course he isn’t unathletic. Not sure if anyone has said that, I certainly haven’t.

The comment that has been made repeatedly is that the coaches are ok sacrificing a bit of athleticism in exchange for what he brings to the table - which is a high level of intelligence and understanding.

I sincerely hope they are all more athletic than Jaylen McCollough.

Of course he isn’t unathletic. Not sure if anyone has said that, I certainly haven’t.

The comment that has been made repeatedly is that the coaches are ok sacrificing a bit of athleticism in exchange for what he brings to the table - which is a high level of intelligence and understanding.

You’ve made the mistake of an objective analysis of a player who already has an ardent fan club.

Since he’s here purely for the "love of UT" (as if our scholly guys are emotionless mercenaries), he’s beyond criticism. He’s prime Harrison Smith. It can’t possibly be a concern when he’s asked to cover NFL receivers against the best programs in the country.

If you call anyone out for pedal stooling this kid, you’re obviously a hater and a star gazer.

Lol sorry about the tone of this. I’ll just say what I always say about these guys- I’ll root for them while also acknowledging it’s probably a better sign for the program if someone else steps up.

Sorry to interrupt the Brooks discussion but I really think we land Morris.

I think he will be on campus for a few games this season to see Boo play and Tennessee will highlight how much easier it will be for family to watch his college career here. I just don’t see him ultimately ending up at USC. It will be closer to home and I would think we’re the favorite there.

Sorry to interrupt the Brooks discussion but I really think we land Morris.

I think he will be on campus for a few games this season to see Boo play and Tennessee will highlight how much easier it will be for family to watch his college career here. I just don’t see him ultimately ending up at USC. It will be closer to home and I would think we’re the favorite there.
Like your reasoning hope it all works out. GBO 🍊 💥

I was responding to your comment, "I don’t want the Coaches having to decide between understanding and athleticism." I agree with you there. I'm simply saying that I don't think Brooks is a choice between intelligence and athleticism. He's plenty athletic for a Safety.

And yes, I hope he's more athletic than JM. I hope every Safety going forward is.

Reactions: LaagerVol
I was responding to your comment, "I don’t want the Coaches having to decide between understanding and athleticism." I agree with you there. I'm simply saying that I don't think Brooks is a choice between intelligence and athleticism. He's plenty athletic for a Safety.

And yes, I hope he's more athletic than JM. I hope every Safety going forward is.
It’s nuanced, and it’s obviously delicate, and it’s clearly incendiary.

None of the reports indicate he’s unathletic, but that the coaches are ok sacrificing “some athleticism” in exchange for what he brings.

That would imply he is less athletic than some of the other options, and they in turn are less knowledgeable of the schemes and assignments compared to him.

If you ranked our 5 best WRs on athleticism - one of them would rank as the least athletic.

It’s nuanced, and it’s obviously delicate, and it’s clearly incendiary.

None of the reports indicate he’s unathletic, but that the coaches are ok sacrificing “some athleticism” in exchange for what he brings.

That would imply he is less athletic than some of the other options, and they in turn are less knowledgeable of the schemes and assignments compared to him.
I'm not disagreeing with anything you've said. Or anything in that post. I merely pointed out that his walk-on position was CB, which tends to be more athletic than Safety. Therefore, if one is concerned about his athleticism at Safety (not saying you are), that may assuage some of that concern. If the guys competing with him are even more athletic, great. Sounds like there are no more JMs.

Reactions: 85SugarVol
I'm not disagreeing with anything you've said. Or anything in that post. I merely pointed out that his walk-on position was CB, which tends to be more athletic than Safety. Therefore, if one is concerned about his athleticism at Safety (not saying you are), that may assuage some of that concern. If the guys competing with him are even more athletic, great. Sounds like there are no more JMs.
Grateful for no more JMs.

Sounds like Brooks brings intangibles to the table that the others do not.
Sounds like others bring increased levels of athleticism that he does not.

Look forward to the day where the coaches don’t have to choose between the two.

VN Store

Back