'25 TN ATH Daune Morris (USC commit)

Ok, I am confused. Are we recruiting Morris as a Safety? I thought we wanted him as RB. Most of the thread seems to be about Safety though.
Duane Morris be a RB.

Is Duane Morris better than Justin Baker? If we could only take one, who would people prefer? Sounds like Morris might be more dynamic.

Full disclosure - I only believe we should be taking one (1) RB this class. Hence all the talk of “Safety”.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Duane Morris be a RB.

Is Duane Morris better than Justin Baker? If we could only take one, who would people prefer? Sounds like Morris might be more dynamic.

Full disclosure - I only believe we should be taking one (1) RB this class. Hence all the talk of “Safety”.
We only took one last class. If Sampson goes pro and Keith happens to hit the portal, we're put in a bad situation if we only sign one. RB is the second hardest position to get quality from the portal, unless they're guaranteed to at least be a co-starter.

We only took one last class. If Sampson goes pro and Keith happens to hit the portal, we're put in a bad situation if we only sign one. RB is the second hardest position to get quality from the portal, unless they're guaranteed to at least be a co-starter.
That’s two (2) IF’s that have to come to fruition before we are “put in a bad situation”.

Let’s assume all the IF’s come true.
And let’s assume Morris (his thread) is the only back we take.

Jr - Cam Seldon
So - Peyton Lewis
So - Desean Bishop
Fr - Daune Morris

That ^ is what the stable would look like, no?
2 Top150 players & 2 more quality contributors?

Duane Morris be a RB.

Curious…given that Tennessee is about to land its 6th DB commit (3 of which are likely to play Safety) on Friday, why are you so adamant that we only get 1 RB? It’s not an either/or. If Tennessee gets both Baker and Morris, it’s not like there’s some Safety out there who’s not getting a spot as a result. They’re just not gonna sign 7 DBs in a class.

Furthermore, there is no 25 limit anymore and the total number he about to go to 105, so even if they get in on some all world Safety between now and December, they’re not going to pass on him simply because they got 2 RBs.

Get good players. As many as you can. If you can get another good RB (Morris is really good), get him. It has nothing to do with Tennessee’s Safety recruiting.

Curious…given that Tennessee is about to land its 6th DB commit (3 of which are likely to play Safety) on Friday, why are you so adamant that we only get 1 RB? It’s not an either/or. If Tennessee gets both Baker and Morris, it’s not like there’s some Safety out there who’s not getting a spot as a result. They’re just not gonna sign 7 DBs in a class.

Furthermore, there is no 25 limit anymore and the total number he about to go to 105, so even if they get in on some all world Safety between now and December, they’re not going to pass on him simply because they got 2 RBs.

Get good players. As many as you can. If you can get another good RB (Morris is really good), get him. It has nothing to do with Tennessee’s Safety recruiting.
In short, because the Safety group is the worst position on Defense and the Coaches are having to choose which attributes to deploy there.

Hayward is likely a Star (if not LB). Who do you perceive as a S in this class?

It’s nuanced, and it’s obviously delicate, and it’s clearly incendiary.

None of the reports indicate he’s unathletic, but that the coaches are ok sacrificing “some athleticism” in exchange for what he brings.

That would imply he is less athletic than some of the other options, and they in turn are less knowledgeable of the schemes and assignments compared to him.

If you ranked our 5 best WRs on athleticism - one of them would rank as the least athletic.
You know who’s incendiary and athletic? This Duane Morris guy. I hear he’s straight up el fuego.

That’s two (2) IF’s that have to come to fruition before we are “put in a bad situation”.

Jr - Cam Seldon
So - Peyton Lewis
So - Desean Bishop
Fr - Daune Morris

You're talking about "IF's", but being a successful program is dependant on preparing for as many "IF's" as possible. As I mentioned before, under the new playoff format, you could have a 17 game season. Injuries at the RB position are almost a given. Having 4 scholarship RBs is not ideal. I would say 5 is the roster bare minimum. Especially, considering the way this staff wants to run the football.

Jr - Cam Seldon
So - Peyton Lewis
So - Desean Bishop
Fr - Daune Morris

You're missing Khalifa Keith.

Reactions: 5FingerVolPunch
You're talking about "IF's", but being a successful program is dependant on preparing for as many "IF's" as possible. As I mentioned before, under the new playoff format, you could have a 17 game season. Injuries at the RB position are almost a given. Having 4 scholarship RBs is not ideal. I would say 5 is the roster bare minimum. Especially, considering the way this staff wants to run the football.
Khalifa Keith makes 5.

In short, because the Safety group is the worst position on Defense and the Coaches are having to choose which attributes to deploy there.

Hayward is likely a Star (if not LB). Who do you perceive as a S in this class?
Walton, Redmond, and either Lewis or Hayward (who I’m not convinced is a Star rather than Safety). But all of these 6 DBs have positional versatility.

That still doesn’t explain why you don’t want a 2nd RB, though. a) they’re signing Safeties; b) a 2nd RB has nothing to do with how many Safeties they sign.

6 DBs is a lot for any one class. 7 is unheard of. But even if they want 7…they can do that with a 2nd RB. Because there is no limit. One has nothing to do with the other.

Lastly, if it’s an immediate concern, the portal is the answer. Which also won’t be affected by a 2nd RB in this class.

I wasn’t talking about IF’s - it was you who proposed them.

- What if Sampson jumps
- What if Keith leaves

I simply entertained them.

Is Desean Bishop incapable of contributing to the depth given his scholarship status?

Last edited:
Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Walton, Redmond, and either Lewis or Hayward (who I’m not convinced is a Star rather than Safety). But all of these 6 DBs have positional versatility.

That still doesn’t explain why you don’t want a 2nd RB, though. a) they’re signing Safeties; b) a 2nd RB has nothing to do with how many Safeties they sign.

6 DBs is a lot for any one class. 7 is unheard of. But even if they want 7…they can do that with a 2nd RB. Because there is no limit. One has nothing to do with the other.

Lastly, if it’s an immediate concern, the portal is the answer. Which also won’t be affected by a 2nd RB in this class.
If there is no limit, then the entire discussion is moot. That sounds great. Are we at 105 starting next season? Because idk.

If numbers are limited, and the last spot comes down to a RB or S - I’ll take the S, for all the reasons belabored at this point.

VN Store

Back