Toby Jackson

VolunteerHillbilly

Spike Drinks, Not Trees
What's the dealio hv? VQ says he's back in play. As badly as UTK needs DL this would be a huge pick-up. Chances?

We really aren't in a huge need for DL, but he is a guy we will probably pursue. I'm not sure how high on our board he is. I think we still want 2-3 DTs and 2-3 DEs. I just don't know who the priorities are. We prolly want a JUCO DT if possible, though.

Here are a few names to watch for on the DL:

Michael McAdoo
Robert Quinn
Toby Jackson
Quinton Coples
Leon Mackey
Jomarcus Savage
Stacey McGee
Lawrence Guy
Marty Everett
Terrance Cody
Kendall Dangerfield
Blake Gumm
Dontari Poe

More will come up, those are just some to look for.

I've been wondering about Robert Quinn for a while. Know anything about him, seems like a stud DE.

He really liked UT when he visited but he's liked every school he's visited and that's been about 15. We were one of the earlier ones so hopefully he hasn't forgotten about us.

No clue. Martin jumped to a 5 star because he dominated the AAA practices. There is a long time to go before then.

Leon Mackey has us as his leader and he looks like a very good prospect. Is he close to commiting to us?

Not sure when he plans on committing. Also don't know if we would take the commitment right now or not. He is one of those guys that could be a backup option.

Here are a few names to watch for on the DL:

Michael McAdoo
Robert Quinn
Toby Jackson
Quinton Coples
Leon Mackey
Jomarcus Savage
Stacey McGee
Lawrence Guy
Marty Everett
Terrance Cody
Kendall Dangerfield
Blake Gumm
Dontari Poe

More will come up, those are just some to look for.

If we don't land Jomarcus Savage, Quinton Coples, and Kendall Dangerfield, and Dontari Poe... I will be disappointed.. they have some of the best names I've seen in awhile..

But definetly Savage and Dangerfield.. we need a new Jim Bob Cooter.

I don't know that any of those are high priorities. Coples could be, but we are a darkhorse to land him. Savage really likes us but I'm not sure if we are pushing for him. The other two are instate but most likely backup plans.

Who are you referring to? I was talking about the 4 he listed if you read my whole response, not the list I put out.

Michael McAdoo...is he highly regarded? Dangerfield's grades are a big question mark from what I've read. HV, until we are better than 8th in the SEC at stopping the run DT will be a priority in my eyes.

We really aren't in a huge need for DL, but he is a guy we will probably pursue. I'm not sure how high on our board he is. I think we still want 2-3 DTs and 2-3 DEs. I just don't know who the priorities are. We prolly want a JUCO DT if possible, though.

It's funny. I always feel like we are in huge need, but when I actually look at the depth it looks something like this:

1-LT Demonte' Bolden JR
2-LT Dan Williams SO
3-LT Chase Nelson SO
4-LT Walter Fisher JR
5-LT Victor Thomas FR

1-RT J.T. Mapu SR
2-RT Donald Langley FR
3-RT William Brimfield FR
4-RT Cody Pope FR

I probably have the spots mixed up some, but that is a pretty young line...but with some experienced starters. I know that if Mapu were to go down, Fisher/Williams would probably slide over before Langley woudl play, but I broke it down this way just to give me an idea of who we have and how much depth. I guess this does give some room for Brimfield to try out the O-Line.

quantity doesnt always equal quality

True...but we appear to be a fair amount thinner on the O-line than the D-line. Taking a few prospects on D-line, especially a good prospect, would be great. But, we have more need on O-line right now.

VN Store

Back