Todd Helton Welcome to Cooperstown!

You could tell way back in HS he was something different. Amazing to see him make it this far though. Congrats

Reactions: VolPack22
Anyone know the record for fewest college career passing yards by a qb that was drafted? I’d think Colquitt would be somewhere near the top maybe? In his entire time at Tennessee- 39 completions for 477 passing yards and 5 tds.

6th round draft pick in 1995.

Anyone know the record for fewest college career passing yards by a qb that was drafted? I’d think Colquitt would be somewhere near the top maybe? In his entire time at Tennessee- 39 completions for 477 passing yards and 5 tds.

6th round draft pick in 1995.
I thought you were talking about Britton at first. He threw a pass against Florida in 2005.

Man, I am so happy for this guy. What a great guy--representative of UT, and a beautiful family. Congrats Todd!

Glad Todd made it in. As a Braves fan, I'm not sure why Andruw Jones didn't

I had the misfortune of living in SoCal when the Dodgers signed him away from the Braves.

The press and fans out there weren't so kind to Andruw. Certainly remember that. His performance for the Dodgers was pretty atrocious though

Best of my recollection he was pretty much a journeyman the last few years he played which really hurt his candidacy IMHO. Was also always kind of curious if he wasn't older than his birth certificate claimed. Dude was hell on wheels at 19 and then was washed before he was 30.

Makes one wonder how things would have turned out for him if he had been able to stay in Atlanta. Much like the current NIL mess, a much bigger offer on paper can sometimes come with its own problems.

Back in the day, we could actually knock the crap outta folks. None of this targeting, horse collar BS. Sure didn't have players running around in shorts without padding. A good ol' clothesline was part of the game. Now you get more physicality in a lingerie league. Back then pads were actually needed.

1706111628674.jpeg

The face masks and shoulder pads were massive back then. Definitely more intimidating back in the day.

Back in the day, we could actually knock the crap outta folks. None of this targeting, horse collar BS. Sure didn't have players running around in shorts without padding. A good ol' clothesline was part of the game. Now you get more physicality in a lingerie league. Back then pads were actually needed.
Most of the Vols old games are on Youtube and fun to watch the difference between how games were called just as recent as the 90's .vs today. I was watching Tenn play Florida, think it was back in the 90's, Florida QB ( Jessie Palmer ? ) snaps the ball and a Vol player shoots thru the line untouched and spears him center chest with his helmet --lays him out and nothing was called. Palmer got up, shook it off and continued play.

VN Store

Back