Tom Watson -vs- Tiger Woods

Woods changed the game. Golf in general is different because of Eldrick. Had he kept his "driver" in his bag the discussion of greatest golfer ever would not even exist.

Crazy thread. Anyone with half a brain chooses Tiger. Tiger has 14 majors vs Watson's 8. No discussion even necessary. That being said, I love Tom Watson. He was my favorite player growing up and I modeled my swing after him. He's one of the all time greats without question. Woods is one of the two best ever to play the game.

A better comparison would be Watson to Arnold Palmer

I met Tom Watson in Las Vegas a long time ago. Great guy.

NOW we see why he made the thread.

51AAQ5R1CDL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

:)

I like Watson a lot too, but it's gotta be Tiger.

I met Tom Watson in Las Vegas a long time ago. Great guy.

Yes he is and it would be fitting if Tiger made an effort to BEHAVE as Watson does on the golf course

I have never been more nervous than the last day of the 2010 Open championship, which Watson should have at won at 59 years old. That would have EASILY been the most amazing achievement EVER in golf.

The guy hits is better now than he did when he was 30...well, straighter anyway

Woods could also take a page from Watson when it comes to trying to exorcise his demons.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Woods could also take a page from Watson when it comes to trying to exorcise his demons.

Has it ever really been confirmed that Watson is/was an alcoholic? I know he's acknowledged that he either quit or dramatically reduced the amount he drank, but I've never really seen evidence that it rose to the level of being a full blown alcoholic.

Has it ever really been confirmed that Watson is/was an alcoholic? I know he's acknowledged that he either quit or dramatically reduced the amount he drank, but I've never really seen evidence that it rose to the level of being a full blown alcoholic.

He's admitted it and it has been said that it was a big reason why he got divorced. I do remember hearing that he embarrassed himself at charity functions and such by stumbling all over himself.

He claims to have done it all himself without any AA meetings or counseling.

Yes he is and it would be fitting if Tiger made an effort to BEHAVE as Watson does on the golf course

I have never been more nervous than the last day of the 2010 Open championship, which Watson should have at won at 59 years old. That would have EASILY been the most amazing achievement EVER in golf.

The guy hits is better now than he did when he was 30...well, straighter anyway

I thought that was 09?

I'm just straight up callin' out 2ironVol. He ain't making sense.

I'm not making sense? You're unbelievable. This one of the dumber threads of ALL TIME because there isn't any question as to whom the better player is between Woods and Watson. You need to do some studying before starting such ignorant threads. The Couples vs Norman thread is insanely stupid too. Norman, by every measure, was better than Couples.

I'm not making sense? You're unbelievable. This one of the dumber threads of ALL TIME because there isn't any question as to whom the better player is between Woods and Watson. You need to do some studying before starting such ignorant threads. The Couples vs Norman thread is insanely stupid too. Norman, by every measure, was better than Couples.

calm_down_bro.jpg

VN Store

Back