Tonight's Game vs Creighton: What say you Vol Nation??

What do you think tonight's outcome will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Like to believe it'll be a blow out in our favor, but instinct says it'll be a nail biter with DK connecting on a game winner at the buzzer. Be worth the new gray hairs tho.

I hate the season’s sudden death. Around midnight it’s either going to not be very fun to watch the rest of the NCAAT games or we’ll be on cloud IX after matching the deepest NCAAT run in the history of UTBB. Quite the extremes.

The opposite is in play for the LOTMs. They’ll be very happy with a season ending loss to beyotch about.

Around midnight it’s either going to not be very fun to watch the rest of the NCAAT games or we’ll be on cloud IX after matching the deepest NCAAT run in the history of UTBB.

I’ve made the best of it most years, including 2010, but 2019 just ruined the rest of the tournament for me. This year has the potential to be ‘19 on steroids in terms of frustration, so let’s hope that doesn’t come to pass.

Score more points than them.

iu

Looks like Pat Adams is in Dallas

Edit: sorry, wrong thread

Last edited:
I hate the season’s sudden death. Around midnight it’s either going to not be very fun to watch the rest of the NCAAT games or we’ll be on cloud IX after matching the deepest NCAAT run in the history of UTBB. Quite the extremes.

The opposite is in play for the LOTMs. They’ll be very happy with a season ending loss to beyotch about.
It won't be the deepest run if we win, but it'll be only our 2nd elite 8 in program history. Would be an absolutely massive win.

We have the ability to do it. Need our defense to show up (which i do believe it will), and need our shots to fall (that...im not so sure about.). Im excited to watch it. Good Friday may become Great Friday.

It won't be the deepest run if we win, but it'll be only our 2nd elite 8 in program history. Would be an absolutely massive win.

We have the ability to do it. Need our defense to show up (which i do believe it will), and need our shots to fall (that...im not so sure about.). Im excited to watch it. Good Friday may become Great Friday.

Another Elite eight would be MATCHING the deepest run ever. “Matching” means ???

Creighton is a darn good team but we are the better team. It all comes down to if we show up. Several of our losses came against teams that were much better than. This team has the talent to compete with and beat anyone (including UConn), but, we need Knecht to do his thing, ZZ to play good defense and the supporting cast (JJJ, Vescovi, Mashack) to play well.

If we bring our a game, we win handily, if c game we lose.

It's Tip Off Time in Tennessee (Michigan, actually), and here is the frozen in time final tally. 4-7 points WINS!!! 18% just not feeling it - so is that blasphemy or reality of our previous record in big games on the big stage?

Goo0000 Vols - clip them Blue Jays.

1711764940923.png

Reactions: Vol4life2
Your point about stamina is interesting, as the lack thereof has cost us just about every time lo these many years. I’ve watched carefully this year as Barnes has not been afraid of playing more than 7-8 per game. But, when push comes to shove, I can’t help but think he will stick with his trusty seven rather than play “desperate” and have a couple of non-starters in the game for the last two or three minutes. I mean, he just played Z the entire game.

To his credit, he has carefully kept the core 7 relatively rested throughout the season while he gave decent minutes to a few guys. But I just don’t see him changing his coaching character tonight, no matter how desperate we might be to win this game. He’ll play his usual 7-8 and they will fight like heroes until the last play and make a close game of it.

But, given our storied, post-season history of choking against smaller schools nobody can find on a map, my betting mind and money is on Creighton to win this game. Surely hope to heaven I am wrong but that’s my gut feel this afternoon.
Hallelujah and jubilee…I was wrong!!

Creighton wins and it won't really be that close. UT is in a funk offensively and I'd bet the farm there's a tight whistle that gets some of our key players in early foul trouble. Still consider this to be a solid season considering the roster.
This one didn't age well.

Reactions: CaliVol2009

VN Store

Back